Hello from new resident!

Home Forums Introductions Hello from new resident!

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    I recently moved to Pittsburgh from across the country (Pacific Northwest – Washington).

I’m a male in my early 20s who moved to Pittsburgh for work after college. I’ve always loved Lego and want to continue that after moving. I didn’t bring any of my collection with me, it’s all in storage at home, so I’m looking forward to starting a new one here.

My favorite themes are Harry Potter, Trains, most other licensed themes (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.), as well as anything that can go in a city.

I’ve also been a small time reseller over the last couple years, buying stuff on clearance or good deals on CL and such. I’m looking forward to being involved in this group thank you everyone!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hey, tmafia! (Is that your preferred name, or do we call you something else?)

Curious what your line of work is. My dad did a similar move back in 1978 after finishing up at UW, to work at Bettis Atomic Power Laboratory designing reactors for the Navy. And that’s how I came into being, several years later after he met my mom here in the Burgh…

Welcome to the group, hope to meet you soon! Keep an eye on the forums for upcoming events: Pumpkin Trolley, Q4 meeting, Greenberg Train Show are three that come to mind – each has its own thread with details.

Thomas
    Participant

Awesome thank you. My first name is Thomas, wasn’t sure what would show up between by username and name that I inputted on the signup. Nice to meet you!

I’ll check those out, I was just looking through a couple events. Thanks for mentioning them here.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome!

Rich Millich
    Participant

Don’t get hung up on the event train. I personally choose one a year to attend, and, over time, I have built up a huge capability to redeem parts from LUGBRICK stock.

Even so, that’s not the reason I’m here. I like writing a journal of my brick projects to keep myself motivated. Sometimes, I get a little help, inspiration from others, and support.

Share what you do, even if it’s sets. We have some set builders here like yourself.

Anything LEGO is fair game here. Jump in, create a thread of your own. Or contact someone privately if you want. The LUG is primarily a social club for a shared hobby, and everyone has something unique to contribute.

Leg godt (play well), explore, share!
    – Rich Millich

Krista K

Welcome Thomas! It’s great to have you here. Look forward to seeing what you build. 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I get a little help, inspiration from others, and support.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ak41984
    Participant

Hi Thomas. Nice to have you in the burgh. I didn’t do many lego in my teens to early 20s. Nice to see anyone in early 20s still building!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar