Hello Gentlebeings,

Home Forums Introductions Hello Gentlebeings,

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    JR
    Participant

Howdy all, I’m JR Sloan. I’m going into my sophomore year of college at WVU (I apologize) for psychology and philosophy degrees. As you can probably guess, I’m quite into LEGO, and never fully went into a Dark Age but went through a period in high school where I only got one or two sets a year. Now I am getting into building MOCs, specifically smaller vignettes. However, I do have a larger one in the works for when I return to school come August, that being the Byers’ house and shed from Strangers Things, both regular and Upside Down. I feel the need to one-up the existing (and fantastic) official set.

Aside from LEGO and school, I am a horror/fantasy/sci-fi writer and love varying forms of rock music, all the wave from the 80s New Wave to current hard rock and metal. I also spend a lot of time reading, mostly within the same genres I write.

Looking forward to talking with other people in this wonderful hobby!

–JR

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome! Keep your eyes peeled for chatter regarding our Q3 meeting (typically held in August) and other meetings/events – will be great to meet you at one of them.

We’ll all just pretend you didn’t mention WVU; otherwise you sound like you’ll fit right in! 😉

Rich Millich
    Participant

Feel free to start your own builder’s thread and post what you’re working on. Some of us have little journals here, and it’s a neat way to cross-pollinate our talents and help each other out from time to time with ideas. That’s a good place to start.

JR
    Participant

Great, I’ll be on the look out! Agust is a little shaky as I’m not sure when I’ll be up at school (I’m residing in my hometown for the summer) but I am making it a goal to get to at least one club function over the next school year. I believe it’s about an hour’s drive.

I’ll also look into the builder’s forum… sounds useful.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by JR.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Fair enough, once you’re in Morgantown, then!

Yeah, it definitely depends on precisely where in the greater PGH area the specific event or meeting is, but in general you can fly up I-79 and get to most places in 60-90 minutes.

I was going to suggest Fayette County Fair as one event that’s closer to WVU, but that’s at the end of July… keep your eyes open for PA Trolley Museum events – that’s in Washington PA so about 45 minutes from your school, and we typically do a huge display at their Santa Trolley event (which runs basically from Thanksgiving til Christmas) and often do another event or two as well.

Dan
    Participant

Welcome JR!

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome to the group!

JR
    Participant

Thank you all for the warm welcomes! Hope to meet you all in person come fall!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar