Hello SC Lug Members

Home Forums Introductions Hello SC Lug Members

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pamela S
    Participant

Hi, my name is Pamela.
    I’m a little nervous and shy, but hope to ease up and open up more as I get to know some people in the group.
    A little about me and my LEGO collection:
    I am going to date myself a bit here, but I never knew LEGO building was so much fun until a few years back, because when I was younger, LEGO did not have building sets and instructions… they were just little pieces all over the floor with absolute no map (not even a way to Google a build). Not to mention, I still probably have lego print etched in my foot somehow from as many of them as you would step on as well -LOL.
    Anyway, flash forward. I really love building a different variety of the adult sets today. I have a ton of Harry Potter to build including the castle (can’t wait). I also enjoy any of the video game builds. I have the Sonic set (one of my first builds), the Nintendo set built and I just got the Atari that still needs built. I have a soft spot for the video game stuff, since I am also a gamer with a big collection of gaming systems and games as well. I also like the holiday themed sets to decorate my home (where I can, as my cat likes to run off with pieces when I’m not keeping a close eye on him).

I hope to be an active and involved member. I’m not sure what else to add, so I’ll stop for now.

Thanks for reading.
    Pamela

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mitch
    Participant

Welcome Pamela! We are very happy to have you in the lug.

I want to direct you to our LUG Buddy system located here where you can have someone who has been in the lug for a while be your buddy and help get you as integrated into the lug as you want to be!

Glad you found the joy in building LEGO!

Pamela S
    Participant

Hi Mitch!

I’m a bit confused. Do I just post in the LUG Buddy system that I need a buddy?

Let me know,
    Thanks!
    Pamela

Mitch
    Participant

You got it! you could link this post so they can get a vibe of you and find someone who matches with you well, feel free to read through the thread to understand it some more

Renée
    Participant

Hi Pamela, welcome to the LUG! I also recently discovered how much fun LEGO is now (yup, had just one box of bricks as a kid with a couple of doors and windows, guess I was supposed to build a house). I recently built the TreeHouse, so much fun and pretty.

Did you play the LEGO video games? I played them on xbox 360 with my daughter when she’d come home from school.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome to the group!

Pamela S
    Participant

Hi Renee,

Thanks for the welcome to the club!
    And I most definitely play the LEGO video games when I get the chance. The LEGO dimensions video game where you build and teleport the builds in is a lot of fun, but I also like the LEGO Harry Potter series and some of the other various ones. I bought LEGO Star Wars (a few of them, for various game systems I currently have), but have yet to play the newest one.

The Treehouse does look like a really cool set to build, but haven’t bought it yet. They just keep coming out with way too many sets that I like to build 🙂

Part of my mission right now is to find some LEGO building buddies, if even just online through chat or video to motivate me to build some of the sets that keep multiplying in my home – LOL. I also need to get out in the community and do some of the LEGO activities mentioned… It will be good for me and some fun.

Thanks for the welcome and hope to meet you or chat sometime soon!

Pamela S
    Participant

Thanks Tom!

Mitch
    Participant

Part of my mission right now is to find some LEGO building buddies, if even just online through chat or video to motivate me to build some of the sets that keep multiplying in my home – LOL. I also need to get out in the community and do some of the LEGO activities mentioned… It will be good for me and some fun.

We actually have a Discord that you can find here! We have a build night every other saturday from 7-whenever people get off!

this is a great time to build and hangout and meet some people digitally 🙂 and the discord is great for spontaneity as well as our scheduled build nights. please let me know if you have any questions, especially if you are new to discord. Happy to walk anyone through how to use it!

Krista K

Hi Pamela, nice to see another gaming builder! Look forward to meeting you at a future event. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar