Help Requested: Bellevue Elementary LEGO Studio

Home Forums LUG discussions Help Requested: Bellevue Elementary LEGO Studio

Tagged: ,

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    RJ Thompson
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m working with Michael Amick, the principal of Bellevue Elementary, on building a new LEGO studio on the bottom floor of the school. He’s very interested in having the LUG participate in a number of different ways, though chief amongst them would be in consulting on the design of the space. I mentioned this to @knb112 and I think she did backflips she was so excited! 🙂

There is no specific timetable for this necessarily, though they do need to spend their allotted budget on this project before the end of their fiscal year. I was hoping we could get some conversations going in October.

I’m happy to coordinate this between the LUG and the school.

Let me know your thoughts!

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Not sure if this would help but I have a ton of I structure manuals that I was going to donate to my local library. They could use them in the studio if they have just a play area with bricks.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Being a teacher and a LEGO enthusiast, I would love to brainstorm about this. My dream (somewhere there is a thread on this) is to have an art studio dedicated to adult LEGO building.

I have a ton of I structure manuals

What are I structure manuals?

RJ Thompson
    Participant

@watchwmarcella that’d be amazing! Thank you! I’m donating mine as well. I can coordinate with you separately.

RJ Thompson
    Participant

@greg I knew you’d be in on this – you’re perfect for it, obviously. Thank you for offering to help! Also, for what it is worth, you and I share a similar vision on an AFOL studio and I might have something in mind for you that we should also brainstorm about.

Krista K

I mentioned this to @knb112 and I think she did backflips she was so excited!

You know I’m all in! Keep me posted. 🙂

Dan
    Participant

I’d love to help out. I have some ideas about what not to do when it comes to storage haha!

Marcella Spear
    Participant

@greg this stupid phone. I meant instruction manuals. 😆

Josh
    Keymaster

where’s the harry potter mosaic? @iamrjthompson

Krista K

@joshhall I have it.

RJ Thompson
    Participant

Hi everyone. I have some updates [finally] on the LEGO studio at Bellevue. They were able to clear a space out at the bottom of the school and were also able to get a ton of LEGO products donated to them from various organizations.

Now that we have a space and product, I was hoping some members of the LUG could join @knb112 and me in checking the space and making recommendations for it. I’d love to see this happen relatively soon or in the first weeks of April. I’ll create another forum for a LEGO event on May 18 for Remake Learning day happening at the school.

We can take pictures of the space to share with those of you who cannot join us.

At a minimum, the principal, Michael Amick, is looking for recommendations on how to design the space and what types of things to buy to store the LEGO, organize it, etc.

@knb112
    there *might* be some multimedia connectivity down there to do a presentation or lesson on how to use Stud.io….

Krista K

@iamrjthompson I’m super excited for this! If they don’t, I have a projector that I can bring. 😊

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I thought I replied to this earlier … alas, earwax.

Regardless, I am interested in seeing the space, I have April 5,6,7 completely free.

I think Montour has an elementary school with a LEGO lab. Has Bellevue conferred with them?

RJ Thompson
    Participant

@watchwmarcella hey are the manuals still available?

Marcella Spear
    Participant

They are indeed. They are in the trunk of my car. I can bring to the q1 meeting next week.

Krista K

@iamrjthompson if you can’t make it. I can grab them for you.

RJ Thompson
    Participant

@knb112 thanks! I’m going to try to make it. My wife has to work so if I do come down I’ll have my kid in tow. @watchwmarcella can you possibly hook Krista up with the booklets?

RJ Thompson
    Participant

@greg @knb112 @randomdan – the Principal is out 4/5, 6, 7 – would any of you or all of you happen to be available the following week? 4/11, 4,12,4/13, 4/14?

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Absolutely. I will make sure she gets them.

Krista K

would any of you or all of you happen to be available the following week? 4/11, 4,12,4/13, 4/14?

I have some flexibility that week. Moreso later in the week, but can move things around with enough notice.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Since it appears that my Spring break coincides with Bellevue’s, I would have to take a day off to go otherwise. Before I commit to that, I am interested in knowing what questions need to be answered and whether anyone visited Montour for input.

Krista K

Wasn’t Jason Burik a LUG member at one point? Does anyone keep in touch with him?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I tried contacting J.B. about forming a club years before SteelCity was formed but he was never interested. He preferred activities which provided remuneration.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Krista K

Interesting. He’s the one that did Children’s Hospital too, I believe.

RJ Thompson
    Participant

@greg what about evenings on those days?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar