Hi everyone!

Home Forums Introductions Hi everyone!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    CGill311
    Participant

Hi everyone. Just joined and wanted to introduce myself. Should have done this years ago. I’ve always admired your displays at Ross Park (especially the coral reef scene) and Carnegie.

I’ve attached a few photos of my city layout. I’m honestly not sure what a LUG does, but I’m interested to find out. Let me know how to get involved. Cheers!

Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    CGill311
    Participant

Better pics

Attachments:
    CGill311
    Participant

Again

Attachments:
    CGill311
    Participant

Last one

Attachments:
    Krista K

Welcome Chris! It’s great to have you in the LUG. You’re in good company. 😊 Brief answer about what we do, we meet, build, display, and pretty much all things LEGO. Our events and meetings are listed as threads here on the forum. You’re welcome to come display, staff, or hang out at any of them. Look forward to seeing you around.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Hi Chris, and welcome. As Krista said, the best way to see what’s going on or coming up is to look at and subscribe to the various forum threads. To “subscribe” to a thread, click the yellow “Subscribe” at the upper right corner of any thread, or simply post in it. Then you’ll get email notifications of any activity in that thread.

I see from the last of your detailed pics that you have some under water elements built. One of the events coming up is “Cranberry Library Summer Reading”, where we put a display in a locked display case at the library for a couple of months. This year’s theme is “Under Water”, so some of your elements would fit well with this. The install date is Saturday, June 4th, and it’s an easy one to get started with since there’s no staffing required.

Tim

Link to the Cranberry Library display thread: http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/cranberry-library-2022-summer-reading-display/

Welcome, Chris! Just to add on what has already been stated. You can do whatever (or not do whatever) you want. Many of us participate in building and staffing public displays. We build static displays (like at the Lego Store, Carnegie Science Center, and Cranberry Library). Some prefer to attend the meetings as social events but don’t necessarily build lots. Some primarily participate here in the forums. Whatever level of involvement comfortable to you is AOK. We’re glad you’re here and have said “hi”. 🙂

Thank you for sharing the pictures of your layout. It looks like a classic model railroad display with the looping train underground and the town wrapping around the corner of the room. From what I can see, you’ve got a nice mix of Modular building (which appear to be modified very nicely) and MOCs. Lot’s to look at there!

CGill311
    Participant

Sure. Would love to contribute something to the underwater scene. Is there any guidance on what to make? Size, scale, etc?

CGill311
    Participant

Is there an app that we can use for these forums or is it web-based only?

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome to the group, Chris! The city layout looks great.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Chris, about the underwater scene, without looking up the dimensions, I would compare the size of the Cranberry Library display case to the size of a bathtub converted into a shower stall. It’s really BIG so there will be room for everything, apparently including a set of shelves for things that might get lost on the sea floor.

I will be sending Mr. Ray, Renee is making seahorses and Tom is planning a sea turtle. Our sea creatures are going to range from minifig scale to life-size. Did you have any ideas for what you would like to create/contribute? Though not required, if you can connect what you are building to a storybook, that is even better because the display is supposed to coincide with the children’s library summer reading effort.

Attachments:
    Will McDine
    Participant

Welcome Chris! You have a nice looking town display going there, and the MOC buildings look amazing! Welcome to the LUG and I look forward to seeing your builds in the future!

Dan
    Participant

Welcome! Love the Lego room pics!

ak41984
    Participant

Hi Chris. Great
    Display. Love the cliff face / mountain. Took some time to get
    All Those BURFs. Looks like I see a few MOC Modular’s too. You have some skills. Might not want to light your city though cuz looks like it ain’t easy getting to your electrical panel behind the display lol.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar