Hi Everyone!

Home Forums Introductions Hi Everyone!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Mike Bez
    Participant

Hello All,

I have been a member of this group for over a year but I don’t think I ever posted an introduction… I’m Mike. Over the last couple of years I have really gotten into building LEGO sets. The set that first got me interested was LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle (92177). I hadn’t seen anything like that from LEGO before… From there I have been amazed at the cool sets that have come out like The Typewriter and The Globe (both fun to build and great to display!). Aside from the Ideas sets, I am a fan of Marvel Mech suites and Star Wars sets. My daughters are really into Harry Potter right now so we have done a few of those, as well. Eventually, I would love to get into MOC builds but I haven’t had a chance to start anything, yet. I look forward to being more involved with Steel City LUG going forward! Here is a picture of my most recent arrival!

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Mike Bez.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Welcome, Mike. Hope to meet you at Brick Fest this weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike Bez
    Participant

Hi Tim, Thank you! Yes, looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the crew at Brick Fest! ๐Ÿ˜

Dan
    Participant

Hello Mike! The Ideas line has increased the breadth of Lego’s offerings. Lately they’re the sets that interest me most, though the Icons line is looking promising.

Mike Bez
    Participant

Hi Dan! Thanks for the welcome! Yup, I agree on the Ideas sets. I like some of the Icon sets as well!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle

One of our LUG members, @juliamorley, built a LEGO ship inside a real glass bottle prior to the creation of this set. The construction involved a lot of creative problem solving using very long instruments some of which she encountered in medical school. Julia now works for UPMC as an emergency physician. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike Bez
    Participant

Hi Greg! Thanks for sharing. That is really cool!

BTW I was at the LEGO store on Friday and saw your holiday display… Very nice! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar