Hi, from the new guy…

Home Forums Introductions Hi, from the new guy…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Hello Everyone… My name is Joe, I’m 31 years old and currently live in Uniontown PA. I started to come out of my dark ages about 3yrs ago, when my son got into building. I’m a huge fan of the modular buildings, but I enjoy a little bit of everything LEGO does. The best part of this hobby to me is, it’s something the entire family can do together.

I was glad to find out I’m not the only adult in south western PA who enjoys building with LEGO. I hope to attend a meeting soon. I will not be able to make the one this weekend due to previously made arrangement, but will do my best to make whatever event is scheduled next.

Tim

Hi Joe. Welcome aboard! We all look forward to meeting you in person soon. Also, despite possible appearances to the contrary, we do not have all of our meetings in Cranberry (which would be quite a haul from Uniontown). A few opportunities arose in Cranberry (which is where I live) which have coincided with some of our meetings. We’ll be sure to get to other areas in future meetings. 😀

Dan
    Participant

Hello Joe! Welcome to the group! Do you like to build any theme in particular?

Joe
    Participant

Thanks for welcoming me to the group, guys. I build a little bit of everything, my overall plan is to one day build a large train/city display. So anything I that comes out, I think could fit into that, is what I pick up. In the next few weeks I hope to start building a small pizza shop and putting in/doing something in with it and the TMNT theme.

Rich Millich
    Participant

What you may be really interested in, Joe, is our collaborative display. We discussed this heavily at the LUG meeting, and had a lot of ideas on how this would work. Evan is the point man on this I do believe, and can give you a lot more information.

Tim

What you may be really interested in, Joe, is our collaborative display. We discussed this heavily at the LUG meeting, and had a lot of ideas on how this would work. Evan is the point man on this I do believe, and can give you a lot more information.

Check out the discussion in the thread: “Christmas/winter display discussion” for more information on the November and December collaborative displays.

Dan
    Participant

Maybe a two level pizza shop/TMNT sewer is in order?!

Josh
    Keymaster

Check out the discussion in the thread: “Christmas/winter display discussion” for more information on the November and December collaborative displays.

Christmas/winter display discussions

Welcome, Joe!

Zemata
    Participant

Welcome Joe! We will be attending a show at the Monroeville convention center November 9th and 10th. We’re planning a town/train layout and would love to have your help filling it in! We should have a thread up as soon when I get the full details.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by Zemata.
    Joe
    Participant

Evan, this is something I’ve wanted to do for a very long time. I look forward to working on the project….

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar