Hiya guys :)

Home Forums Introductions Hiya guys :)

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

Hi everyone!
    My name is Hannah and while I’m originally from Ohio, I’m a sophomore at Robert Morris University in Moon Township. I’m studying Mechanical Engineering here and I’m working to establish a LEGO Robotics club on campus. I got my first LEGO set around the age of eight, and I really haven’t stopped since then. I enjoy the modular buildings and making sculptures and mosaics. I am thrilled to have discovered this group because I am excited to see what other people can do with LEGO. I haven’t had the chance to actually talk with other LEGO enthusiasts. I look forward to attending events and meeting everyone 🙂

Dan
    Participant

Hi Hannah! Welcome to the group!

Rich Millich
    Participant

Hello from a space LEGO guy!

Interesting! I believe you have a lot of great information to share with us, and we with you. Most builders in our club specialize in a particular style at the moment, and insight from other approaches is always exciting. When you come to an event, bring MOCs; we’d like to see what you build too!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hannah, you are lucky to have grown up with LEGO robotics so you don’t need to endure the Dark Ages that most of us have gone through. 🙂 Are you planning to attend the meeting on October 26th and/or the train show on the 9th? There is a building assignment for someone with your skills and creativity. If you would like to know more, just let me know. Otherwise, we look forward to meeting you.

Josh
    Keymaster

Hi, again, Hannah! looking forward to working with you!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Are you planning to attend the meeting on October 26th and/or the train show on the 9th?

Do it. DOOOO IIIIITTT.

That build day will be a great way to meet a bunch of the group, and immediately be immersed in a project – our Christmas / Santa’s Workshop / Winter Village / Train display for events in NOV & DEC – on which we’re hoping to make substantial progress that day, so all hands on deck!

http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/open-house-build-day-oct-26th/

And robotics is one area in which our group is not particularly strong, so everyone will be glad to have you joining our madness! [Not that we wouldn’t welcome you no matter what your skills / interests…]

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I do hope to help out with the train show! However, because of a school event, I’ll be in Baltimore the weekend of the 26th. As for that assignment, Gregory, I’m interested in learning more to see if I can help out in any way 🙂 On an unrelated note, have any of you heard of swapfig? It’s a new LEGO related website (swapfig.com) and I find it quite useful because it connects you with people around the world so you can swap and trade collectible minifigs. Great way to get multiples or to trade multiples to get the ones you don’t have!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

As for that assignment, Gregory, I’m interested in learning more to see if I can help out in any way

Ok, but this is a top secret mission, so I will have to send you a direct message through this website. You will see it appear as a 1 inside a circle on the top right side of the menu bar, right next to where it says Howdy, Hannah Arnold.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar