Howdy from New Castle

Home Forums Introductions Howdy from New Castle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ian Potter
    Participant

Hello everyone. Dropping my first post to introduce myself. I’m Ian (aka Theladorn to my SCAdian and online gaming buddies) I’m relatively new to the western PA area and looking to get involved with the local LEGO/LUG community. My wife and I moved to New Castle from the Delaware area along with our two young children about a year and a half ago and it’s been quite an adjustment for me. Anyway…hi to all and hope to get acquainted with you all and to get out to some great events this summer. Anything else you want to know feel free to ask. Hope to see you out there ๐Ÿ™‚

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hi Ian, I wonder if part of the adjustment has been the weather. Of course, you probably know that Delaware got dumped with just as much snow, if not more than us, this year.

Maybe you’re not used to being surrounded by people who bleed black and yellow. I kind of grows on you after awhile. ๐Ÿ™‚

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome! We definitely have some stuff going on that you can check out to get to know us – International Children’s Festival today and tomorrow, and the Cranberry Library Summer Reading display install will be at the beginning of June, and… probably some other stuff. Check the forum threads and come meet us! Or just talk to people about small gatherings to build / sort / whatever.

Ian Potter
    Participant

Hey Greg. Seems like I brought normal Delaware weather with me, and it all decided to go there instead. My wife’s from Monroeville, so I’ve had time to acclimate to Western PA weather. She’s an avid Steelers fan (natch). I never cared for the Eagles anyway heh.

Hey Matt. Looking forward to getting involved if I’m able. Seems like some cool stuff the Kiddos and I would enjoy. Hope to see you out there.

Hopefully New Castle isn’t too far afield from you guys. I’m in Cranberry frequently, so events there shouldn’t be difficult to get to. Thanks for the welcome guys!

Josh
    Keymaster

Hi Ian,

Funny, we just had Dac join up from newcastle as well – http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/oh-whoops-i-forgot-to-do-one-of-these-so-hi-im-dac/

looking forward to interacting with you! Were you in a LUG out there?

Ian Potter
    Participant

Wow. It’s good to know I’m not the only AFOL in New Castle ๐Ÿ™‚

Unfortunately this is my first and only LUG so far. I’ve been silently following LEGO news and sets and such for a long time. I remember spending hours on the classic space forums marveling over the MOCs when I worked night shift. I haven’t formally bought or “played” with LEGO in several years (except for the small stocking stuffers I’d get here and there). As such I don’t know when my dark age formally ended.

My family’s recent relocation helped to unearth my childhood cache of LEGO. This, along with my children becoming more interested in LEGO (vs Duplo…finally) has caused me to want to become more active in the community. Our family is struggling with several issues, not the least of which are some health issues, but I’m hoping that they won’t prohibit me from becoming an active member.

Dac
    Participant

Duuuuuuude! What’s up, Ian? I’m Dac, I live in New Castle, as well. (I’m up in Neshannock, by Castle Hills golf course.)

Needless to say, we have to hang out. Soon. Let’s make that happen. My GVoice number is 412.837.9322 (I’ll give you my cell number via text/email or something). Shoot me a text, and let’s get this party started!

Woo!

Ian Potter
    Participant

Sent you a PM with some info Dac. Hit me up sometime ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar