Introduction February 2023

Home Forums Introductions Introduction February 2023

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    I made an account on this site last fall but not active. Last weekend I met Mitch at Ross Park mall and he’s done a fantastic job showing me around. I’m feeling way more comfortable with everything going on (it was a bit overwhelming) and will be more active going forward. I was able to join Discord and will be signing up for the LugBuddy option. Nice to meet you all (again). -Thomas

Mitch
    Participant

Welcome Thomas! It was great to have you at the discord build night!

Thomas
    Participant

Absolutely that was awesome. Will be back next week! Looking forward to getting to know everyone better

Tim

Welcome, Thomas. Love your avatar and presuming you are an HP fan. 🙂

Dan
    Participant

Welcome Thomas! Do you like to build anything in particular?

Thomas
    Participant

Nice to meet you all! Yep, I’m a Harry Potter fan. Need to get a better profile pic up but that one worked for the time being.

For building, I’m into just about anything. Favorites are Harry Potter, Modulars/Creator Expert, any anything licensed (Star Wars, Marvel, Lord of the Rings, Batman, Indiana Jones). Classics and/or movie collections basically.

I’d describe myself as more of a fan of mid 2000s sets, 2006-2014 or so. Not only were those some of my younger years (fond memories, etc.), but the quantity and price of sets was less so it was more reasonable to collect. I do still greatly enjoy today’s sets but they’ve gotten so expensive and detail oriented it’s a bit much for me sometimes.

Thomas
    Participant

What about you Dan, do you have a favorite theme or type of set?

Dan
    Participant

Cool! I’m a big fan of late 80s/early 90s space. Blacktron, M:Tron, and Unitron primarily. The sets were my kind of sci-fi – ambiguous exploration and heavy industry. I also like the monorail system since it’s basically a space train.

Logan C
    Participant

I’d describe myself as more of a fan of mid 2000s sets, 2006-2014 or so. Not only were those some of my younger years (fond memories, etc.), but the quantity and price of sets was less so it was more reasonable to collect.

I totally vibe with that. I think 2009 is my favorite year of LEGO. I have a bunch of the Clone Wars era Star Wars sets and the majority of the Indiana Jones sets (stoked about its rumored return this year). And I was also into a bunch of the unlicensed stuff from the time like Space Police III, Pirates, and Power Miners. I think I missed you at the discord night, would have loved to chat about it. Ah, nostalgia…(sorry if I’m making anyone feel old right now).

Anyway, welcome to the LUG!

Thomas
    Participant

I forgot that they had those unique unlicensed themes at that time, that’s a great point. Monster Fighters came out around that time too iirc

I’d describe myself as more of a fan of mid 2000s sets, 2006-2014 or so. Not only were those some of my younger years (fond memories, etc.), but the quantity and price of sets was less so it was more reasonable to collect.

I totally vibe with that. I think 2009 is my favorite year of LEGO. I have a bunch of the Clone Wars era Star Wars sets and the majority of the Indiana Jones sets (stoked about its rumored return this year). And I was also into a bunch of the unlicensed stuff from the time like Space Police III, Pirates, and Power Miners. I think I missed you at the discord night, would have loved to chat about it. Ah, nostalgia…(sorry if I’m making anyone feel old right now).

Anyway, welcome to the LUG!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar