It's A Wonderful LEGO

Home Forums All Things LEGO! It's A Wonderful LEGO

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Hi Friends,

So as many of you know, we are from Syracuse NY, and it turns out that the inspiration for the movie It’s A Wonderful Life is the town of Seneca Falls, which is only about 40 minutes from me. In fact, they have a museum dedicated to the movie, and I recently contacted them and paid them a visit this weekend to loan them my LEGO version of the Bailey Building and Loan from the movie. They heard about the other A Christma Story LEGO Ideas project and were all excited, but I am just not sure if I have enough energy for another LEGO Ideas project (this one we did just for fun). Anyway, we dropped it off this weekend and here is a pic of the family. If you happen to get to Seneca Falls over the holiday season, check it out. I am working on a copy that I plan to donate for their permanent collection as well at some point.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

I grew up in Geneva, NY, which is about 10 miles away. We still get back there occasionally to visit family and friends still in the area, but unfortunately no plans this holiday season.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Tim

Very nicely done! That would fit well with any of the Modular buildings.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Very nicely done! That would fit well with any of the Modular buildings.

I agree with @timf here. I am jealous of that architectural building skill. Well done indeed!

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Thanks so much folks… I do like the way that this turned out. At some point I will get some better pics to show more of the detail. The top floor is furnished as well.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Please do. Pull that top off so we can see the layout inside.

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Unfortunately it is in the museum, and I did not take pics prior. They did however, so I will ask them. This is their big It’s A Wonderful Life weekend, so I probably won’t get back to them until next week.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hey everyone, Jason’s LEGO Ideas project hit 10,000 votes! I’m not sure when that happened or if it was announced on this site, but it deserves some recognition. Great job, Jason!

https://www.wonderfullifemuseum.com/LEGO/

P.S. I still want to build a version of the “Christmas Story” house that Jason designed.

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Thanks so much for the shout out! We can hardly believe it. Just hit that magic number last night. Thanks so much to the SteelCity LUG for all of the support! Most of the bricks in the prototype were purchased through the LUGBULK!

https://www.syracuse.com/entertainment/2022/01/cny-familys-lego-its-a-wonderful-life-hits-goal-will-be-considered-for-official-set.html?outputType=amp

Tim

@twrt0es Congrats on getting the 10,000 votes. Looking forward to the next review announcement.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Tim.
    Krista K

Congrats @twrt0es! Well deserved. Fingers crossed for you! 🙂

Here’s the LEGO Ideas blog post if you haven’t see it yet: https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/294d596d-bbb4-4fff-b0e0-da7c7b21e0da

P.S. I still want to build a version of the “Christmas Story” house that Jason designed.

Me too!

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Thanks so much! Now comes the hard part… waiting.

Not sure if you saw it, but my absolute favorite story that was done was from WTAE in Pittsburgh:
    https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/its-a-wonderful-life-lego-set-indiana-pa/38348548

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks so much! Now comes the hard part… waiting.

The announcement is tomorrow … good luck, Jason!

Tim

Fingers crossed!

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Thank you my friend. I know that it is a bit of a long shot, but regardless of the outcome I have appreciated the experience and all of the support. Thank you again!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Wow, out of 36 sets only the Hocus Pocus project was selected. 🙁

Krista K

I was surprised by that too. Kudos @twrt0es for making it to the final round! 🙂

Tim Brown
    Participant

Congratz!

Tim Brown
    Participant

Even though you didn’t get selected, you get mad props for making it that a far. I am quite sure it came down to the difficulty/cost of acquiring rights to do a set based on that IP. Hocus Pocus is Disney and they already have a mega deal between the two companies.

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Thanks. LEGO Ideas is just a tough process all around and just does not have very good odds of success. This is the second time that we have been in the review process, and it is probably my last attempt. We still did get a lot of great experiences out of it, and thanks to all that have helped to support our little endeavor.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar