Lego GWP

Home Forums LUG discussions Lego GWP

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant
    Tom Frost
    Participant

I’m gonna need a few of these!

Tim

Any idea when it becomes available and at what amount to spend?

Tom Frost
    Participant

January 1 and I’ve heard $190

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I guess for a GWP of that size, I shouldn’t have been expecting the spend target to be 2 digits…

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Blacktron is so iconic, grew up with it, can’t wait…to spend money lol

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

January 1 and I’ve heard $190

I read the same the thing. Steep, but for one maybe I’ll buy the newest modular.

Tim

Yep, I still need the Police Station and the Hotel so this is the perfect reason to get these.

Mike K
    Participant

Excited for this one – takes me back to childhood. Slightly disappointed that the blacktron-specific pieces appear to be stickered rather than printed. I know this keeps costs down and helps fit within design constraints, though this also seems to indicate this one is indeed a one-off with no intention of bringing the theme back full force. Still happy to see these types of throwback sets being made in recent years.

Tim

I wonder how long the GWP sets will last. :-/

Dan
    Participant

I’m excited for this one! The stickers are disappointing, but still a nice set design. They haven’t posted the instructions yet for review.

The question is ~$200 on a new set to get one or buy two/three off eBay for the same price…

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I’m excited for this one! The stickers are disappointing, but still a nice set design. They haven’t posted the instructions yet for review.

The question is ~$200 on a new set to get one or buy two/three off eBay for the same price…

Well, you are about right Dan. Running ~$75 with shipping on average. I bought the new, overpriced modular and got the VIP polybag and the ship. Maybe I’ll get a second at the store on 1/10 when the BAM is out. Who knows. These $190-200-250 GWP price points are super high. But so are the recent set prices!

I heard timing is:

1/1 – 1/14 – Blacktron ($190)
    1/15 – 1/25 – Lunar New Year Bunny ($85)
    1/15 – 1/25 – Houses of the World ($250)
    1/15 – 1/25 – VIP Lunar New Year Polybag ($50) (I did get this at Shop At Home on 1/1 though so not sure)

I also just read you were supposed to get a pizza van with the new modular which is delayed until February. So you may want to wait if that modular or in your sights, but, personally, I’d rather have the ship.

Anyhoo, Happy Hunting!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Well, you are about right Dan. Running ~$75 with shipping on average. I bought the new, overpriced modular and got the VIP polybag and the ship. Maybe I’ll get a second at the store on 1/10 when the BAM is out. Who knows. These $190-200-250 GWP price points are super high. But so are the recent set prices!

Yeah, I also took the plunge, but it’s a bit steep. Are you saying the store may have the Blacktron set, too? Thought it was just online…

Now, to do some calculus on how many Blacktron GWPs I can acquire, with purchase of other sets that should increase in resale value… jk!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Swoosh!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

If anyone ends up with one they don’t want, I have a couple extra Foretsmen GWPs and a couple Christmas ones if someone wanted to trade.

Dan
    Participant

I’m leaning towards the eBay acquisition route. Hard to justify spending so much for sets that weren’t otherwise on my list. That being said – does the online Pick-A-Brick qualify for GWP?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I’m leaning towards the eBay acquisition route. Hard to justify spending so much for sets that weren’t otherwise on my list. That being said – does the online Pick-A-Brick qualify for GWP?

Yes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Found this in Elizabeth, PA. Too far for me but maybe you are more South….

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1137575160279849/?mibextid=6ojiHh

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Found this in Elizabeth, PA. Too far for me but maybe you are more South….

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1137575160279849/?mibextid=6ojiHh

Well, someone bought that one… I messaged the guy yesterday hoping he’d be up for meeting somewhere between my home/office and where he lives, and he just… stopped responding after asking where I was located. Checked again this morn and it was marked sold. Hope it was one of yinz!

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

As a heads up, I just got the Lunar VIP pack of parts added to my order when I bought the Lunar parade on their website.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

So I had a parts order waiting for 2X VIP today and it loaded in the 4X4 Rescue Truck GWP. I thought that was only Lego City GWP.

Just lettin all y’all know.

Will McDine
    Participant

4X4 Rescue Truck GWP

I’m hoping to get at least 2 or 3 of these. If anyone gets one they do not want let me know. Ill take good care of it

Mitch
    Participant

4X4 Rescue Truck GWP

I’m hoping to get at least 2 or 3 of these. If anyone gets one they do not want let me know. Ill take good care of it

buying or trading for it? I’ve got one coming I wont want

Will McDine
    Participant

buying or trading for it? I’ve got one coming I wont want

I’m down for both. Trade obviously dependent on if I have what you are looking for

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar