Lego Masters Season 2

Home Forums LUG discussions Lego Masters Season 2

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Bacon
    Participant

If anyone is interested in trying out for Lego Masters Season 2, filming begins late February and they need more builders. I got a message from a casting associate and she said you can get in touch with her if you are interested. Her name is Alexandra Schween, and you can reach her on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/alex.schween/ I do not plan on trying out, but would fully support any of the excellent members of our LUG that do get on the show.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@hacim and @tfdesigns could destroy the competition

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Micah Beideman
    Participant

lol, sorry, got school

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Can you take your classes virtually?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Nobody’s talking about Season 2… does that mean none of yinz are watching???

Overall, feel like S1 had more talented teams, but also feel like S2 has a higher talent floor… the bikers actually were pretty great at buildings, for example…

That said, I’m pretty sure Jonah could’ve made a stronger and more aesthetically pleasing tower than about 8 of the teams in S2E3 (yeah, I’m a bit behind…)

If @tfdesigns helped, fuhgeddaboutit.

@hacim
    , however, probably would’ve spent most of the 8 hours turning his tires inside-out for his shock absorber.

Tim

Nobody’s talking about Season 2… does that mean none of yinz are watching???

Unfortunately, I am not watching yet. Is Season 1 on any streaming service? I probably should go back and watch the second half before starting Season 2. It fell off my radar after the first episodes.

Logan C
    Participant

Both season 1 and the episodes of season 2 that have aired are available on Hulu.

I’ve been keeping up with LEGO Masters and have been really enjoying it! There have been some pretty impressive builds this season, and to me its kind of a shame that they are focusing less on showing the aesthetics of the builds and dedicating more of the screen-time to the stability aspects of the challenges. Not to say it isn’t fun to see LEGO breaking apart in dramatic fashion, but my favorite parts of the show have always been when they take the time to show all of the intricate details of each MOC. I guess as more teams start to leave they will be able to spend more time showing the builds themselves.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Twice in just over a week, sweet!

So yeah, Walter’s lobster definitely reminded me of something I saw in a midseason episode… anyone else know what I mean??

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’ve been keeping up with LEGO Masters and have been really enjoying it! There have been some pretty impressive builds this season, and to me its kind of a shame that they are focusing less on showing the aesthetics of the builds and dedicating more of the screen-time to the stability aspects of the challenges. Not to say it isn’t fun to see LEGO breaking apart in dramatic fashion, but my favorite parts of the show have always been when they take the time to show all of the intricate details of each MOC. I guess as more teams start to leave they will be able to spend more time showing the builds themselves.

Yeah, in the early episodes there are too many teams and not enough screen time to go around, and they’re focused on the reality-show drama more than nerding out on the details of the build. Later in the season, you do get a bit better looks – but they still spend a lot of each episode on Will Arnett bits and puns, and hyping up the “rivalry” between the teams of brothers, and not as much time as we’d all like showcasing the intricacies of the builds.

Overall, feel like S1 had more talented teams, but also feel like S2 has a higher talent floor… the bikers actually were pretty great at buildings, for example…

I still think this is true. The top 3-4 teams last year probably beat the top 3-4 teams this year in most challenges, but this year had a larger number of teams that were decent, whereas last year by Episode 2 I pretty much knew who would be the Final Four (ok fine, Sam & Jessica were a surprise, but I maintain they were given more slack than other teams – probably because their screen time was filled with drama – and therefore had time to find their groove over the course of the midseason challenges. Letting them linger did pay off in the end with a few fantastic builds, but it definitely seemed somewhat arbitrary to let them sneak through a few early challenges… but I digress.)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar