Lego Store Stp

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! Lego Store Stp

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

I’ll be stopping by the Lego store tomorrow. If anybody out there needs me to pick anything up for them, just let me know. I know they have dark red 1×2 bricks on the P-a-B wall but not sure besides that.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

If they have this one on the PaB wall, I could use an entire large container filled with them:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3741

If they have this one in trans-clear, i could use half a large container and you can fill up the rest of it with whatever, white bricks are good, so are dark red, and so are 2×2 tiles or other plant parts:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3023

Or you could take a couple pics of the wall and post them and everybody would think you’re extra super awesome.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It would be great if you could get the research scientists set for me.

Dan
    Participant

Ben, I think I’ve got a decent amount of the 3741. If you don’t get them and are not in a huge hurry I’ll search through my overflow storage for the container at some point.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Thanks, it’s up to you, I don’t wanna be a burden, I’m sure I can get them somewhere. I guess as a space guy you don’t have much use for them. I would just need them by Greenberg, I’ve found various ways to make cool pine trees of various sizes using the plant stems, and I’ve plowed thru all mine, all of my nephew’s, and all those I could get from the LUG, and there’s still room for plenty more of these trees, they’re infinitely useful.

Joe hasn’t posted today, so I don’t know what happened at the Lego store.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’ve found various ways to make cool pine trees of various sizes using the plant stems

Do you have photos of this? It sounds interesting.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

This is a pic I found in Hinkle’s photostream, which he took at a convention, so I don’t know who actually built the trees (somebody German, apparently):

Bricking Bavaria 2013

Had I made it to Philly, I would’ve taken four of them along with me. They look good, you can adjust the trunks to whatever height you like (I thought they looked better shorter), you can adjust the size of the tree and control the rate at which you widen it towards the bottom. I found that after more than 5 stems stacked on a stud they started to look unnatural though.

For me the limiting factor was actually the stud-on-4-sides bricks, I used all the dk bley ones I have. (I’m sure I have some in black too, but they’re not sorted out right now, so I have no idea how far they’ll go.) Buying them in black or bley on BrickLink is expensive.

Getting them to stay together is also miserable. The stems never have good clutch power, I tried putting 1-stud round plates on the bricks, but it didn’t help. Once I got them set up and in place they were fine, but you can assume after tranporting them anywhere that you’ll be rebuilding them, and that rebuilding them will involve a lot of accidentally knocking off one branch while you’re putting on another one, which will involve a lot of cursing.

Originally I used all the stems I had on those four trees, but the one didn’t look good so I scaled it back, and with the extras I made smaller trees. I’m not sure I have a pic anyway but I’ve seen them multiple times, you take two brown cones on either end of a brown umbrella stand as your trunk, and then stack any number of stems (I made mine in the range of 10-15) vertically and invert them. Skinny pine tree. They look good, and important if you have bigger trees around or train tracks that makes sticky-outiness an issue, they fit in easily anywhere.

I made 4 of them with the leftovers and then 4 more with additional stems I found in my nephews collection, I’d like to make a ton more.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Bricking Bavarian looks amazing. How the heck do they move all that stuff to the display location?

you take two brown cones on either end of a brown umbrella stand as your trunk,

You lost me here, I am picturing an umbrella stand as the base of a palm tree.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

This one:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4095

(That would be a palm tree base, which is different :P)

Greg Schubert
    Participant

oh, an umbrella stand, not an umbrella stand

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

For me the limiting factor was actually the stud-on-4-sides bricks

I really like the look of these pine trees. The PaB walls have recently had the 1×1 brick with 5 studs (in black). I got a cupful earlier this summer and I have lots of the flower stems so I can definitely make some of these trees. Very cool. I find that any type of tree is unstable during transportation. I never try to build my trees in advance; I realize that I just have to build them on site.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

oh, an umbrella stand, not an umbrella stand

Lulz.

I concur, those pine trees are hot. I also concur that they’d probably look best with short trunks below the green.

I stopped by the Victor (Rochester), NY store on Thursday, but unfortunately it was a rush job and I didn’t have a chance to ask if yinz needed anything. They did have the 3741. AND BROWN HORSES. I had to stop myself at 2 cups full of horses (with trans blue and trans light blue dots for water filling the gaps), because I felt like a jerk even taking that many, but I think I got around 30, so even without the dots, that’s about $1 / horse. BAM.

It would be great if you could get the research scientists set for me.

Greg, I can confirm that the Victor store was all out of both that and the Exo-Suit, and said they didn’t know how soon they’d get more. However, I *might* have a second Research Institute at my house that I could sell/trade you… apparently the black market value is almost 4x the MSRP, though, so it’s gonna cost ya… 😉

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Non sequitur, but whatever is going on in the next couple pics after that pine tree one from Kevin, I like it. Lots of arches and almost an MC Escher vibe… almost.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Matt does that mean you bought me a large container of 3741 and I should bring a check to Josh’s house for you on Saturday?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

No. It means I saw your request two days after I was at the store. I should’ve asked before I went… sorry.

I was just mentioning that I did see the 3471, as info. I didn’t buy any, because I hadn’t yet seen how awesome they look as pine needles (almost as awesome as they do as rice plants), and because I do have a bunch at home, and because I didn’t know you needed them.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

What? You didn’t read my post as soon as I posted it? You should be hanging on my every word, my posts are endlessly fascinating. Well fine, when our Greenberg display isn’t as awesome as it could’ve been, we’ll know who to blame.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I think you are misreading my posts, Ben. I was at the LEGO store on THURSDAY, 9/11. Your request for 3417 was posted on SUNDAY, 9/14 – in fact, this thread didn’t even exist until Sunday night, a full 77 hours after I was at the store.

Dammit, Ben, I’m an AFOL, not a Time Lord!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Tim

Ben, I might be at a Lego store within the next week or so. If so, if they have part 3741 on the wall, do you want me to pick you up a Large Cup of them? Also, what about 1×1 bricks with 5 studs – do you want a Cup of those as well?

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Tim.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I might be at a Lego store within the next week or so

Which one? Let me guess: Tysons Corner?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Tim, yes please, although I’m still waiting to hear back from Joe.

Joe
    Participant

Ben, I was able to get a large cup of 3741 and a large cup split 50/50 with dark red 1×2 bricks and 1×2 clear plates.

Greg, they didn’t have the Research Scientist in stock.

Now the return trip home begins….

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Sweet! Thanks, now I just have to figure out how to get them from you. I seem to remember that you posted that you’re definitely out for Josh’s on Saturday.

Tim, that means I don’t need you to buy me 3741 if they have it, let me see how far one container gets me first. However… I also have a big and immediate need for light bley 2×2 tiles. If they have them, please get me a full container, thanks.

Dan
    Participant

Sounds like I won’t be digging through storage for flower stems after all!

Tim

Ben, Potomac Mills did not have Light Bley 2×2 tiles. Greg, they did not have reddish-brown chairs and the Research Scientist set will not come to the Stores until mid-October.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Ok, thanks for looking. I’ll figure something out.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar