Longtime builder, new to LUG

Home Forums Introductions Longtime builder, new to LUG

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    DijonMoneyear
    Participant

Hello! I’m a longtime fan of Lego, but have never been apart of any group. My wife and I enjoy peacefully building sets together, but I really enjoy designing MOCs. My current big project has been designing a digital scale model of downtown. If you are on Reddit, you may have seen it. Here are a few pictures, as well as a link to the ongoing album for those who are interested.
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWFq66a

• This topic was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by DijonMoneyear.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    David Bacon
    Participant

That microscale MOC is beautiful. PNC Park looks especially good with the three bridges next to it.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Welcome @dijonmoneyear!! Your microscale model of Pittsburgh is looking great!!! Hopefully you have plans to build it sometime down the road so you can display it at some of our events!! I can assure you from first-hand experience that it will be wildly popular!!

I’m also become a fan of microscale building and have been working on my own physical version of Pittsburgh for over 2 years now! Mine started with just the downtown triangle and has grown a little bit each year from there.

Look forward to meeting you and sharing ideas!!

Attachments:
    Tim

Welcome. Very nice microscale Burgh. I love the Rubber Duck. Nice touch.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Welcome! I saw that on Reddit. Nice work!

Will McDine
    Participant

Your whole city looks amazing, But my favorite part has to be the Duck!. LOL welcome to the club!

Krista K

Welcome to the group! What type of sets do you and your wife like to build?

DijonMoneyear
    Participant

My wife and I really enjoy Harry Potter sets, but the set we are really looking forward to is Rivendell. The nerdier the better!

DijonMoneyear
    Participant

Great work! I’d love to eventually build my model some day. Maybe section by section, and whenever I have more space to do so. Hopefully we can meet some day!

Krista K

My wife and I really enjoy Harry Potter sets, but the set we are really looking forward to is Rivendell. The nerdier the better!

We have a lot of HP fans here! You’re in good company. Looking forward to meeting you both at a future event. 🙂

chabadoflego
    Participant

Wow this MOC of downtown is very cool. I wish Lego made a Pittsburgh skyline architecture set

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I wish Lego made a Pittsburgh skyline architecture set

See the attached photo from Brickfair Virginia 2011. The LEGO Group’s first skyline set was created in 2016.

Attachments:
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar