LUG Ambassador Position

Home Forums LUG discussions LUG Ambassador Position

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Tim

As most of you know, I have been serving as the LUG Ambassador for the past 3+ years (after Josh and Matt previously served). After deliberate consideration, I believe it is now time to pass the baton to another LUG member. So this is the formal call for a new LUG Ambassador.

The Ambassador’s main responsibility is to be the communication link between The Lego Group and the various LUGs (and other AFOL groups) globally. This is done primarily online through the LAN website. Managing LUGBULK and submitting reports of LUG events and activities also falls under the Ambassador’s duty. Benefits of serving as Ambassador are getting some inside information on the goings-on at Lego as well as an annual Christmas gift. Matt also got to attend an Ambassador only function in Denmark one year.

Ideally, a new Ambassador would be elected by the Q4 meeting with the goal of taking over the position starting January 1, 2022. I will stay involved to help orient our new Ambassador and I am willing to continue as Committee Chair of our LUGBULK Committee (and continue handling the LUGBULK process for the LUG).

If you are interested in the position, and/or have questions, please either respond here or send me a private message. We can also discuss further at the upcoming Q2 meeting. I have truly enjoyed (and will continue to enjoy until replaced) serving as our LUG Ambassador.

Krista K

@timf I would love to be considered for the role.

Will McDine
    Participant

I would love to be considered for the position as well. I am curious about how much work it takes and the effort that is required. I just want to ensure I will be able to *if chosen* perform and fulfill the expectations set before me

Tim

(For everyone’s information)

Overall, the general time commitment is not too onerous. In general, 1-2 hours per week on the LAN, checking messages and interacting in message board threads (although it could be a lot more depending upon one’s desire – there are many message boards and topics so you can dive as deep in as you wish). In addition to that, there are various reports that need to be submitted to Lego – one report each time the LUG participates in an event or holds a meeting; reports requesting the semi-annual LUG Support; etc. It is not burdensome but takes a little gathering and coordination of data. The Ambassador also receives all of the LUGBULK Communication (when it is open, etc.).

Josh
    Keymaster

We’ll discuss this more on Saturday. Plan will be to have a new vote at Q3.

Tim

At this point, we have had three people express an interest in taking over the Ambassador role: @knb112, @tcsbgdady, and @willmcdine. Is anyone else interested at this time?

Presuming not, let us proceed as follows. Each of the candidates, please private message me a brief statement of candidacy. Once I have all the statements, I will publish them here for everyone to review. Please send me the statements by no later than July 5, 2021.

I will then coordinate a vote (perhaps by Survey Monkey or something similar). Thank you.

Tim

Tim

Jim and Krista have both volunteered to serve as the next LUG Ambassador. I thank them for their willingness to volunteer and know that either of them will make a great Ambassador for our LUG. There are two ways to vote: (1) send me a Private Message with the name of your vote or (2) attend the Q3 LUG meeting on August 29 and vote in person. The next Ambassador will be announced at the Q3 meeting.

I had asked each to submit a statement of candidacy, which I now present to the LUG membership. Please review and consider your vote. Feel free to private message either of them with any questions. Please do NOT post any comments regarding the candidates here. Thank you.

JIM:
    Hello LUG Members!
    I have been thinking a great deal about this opportunity to represent the LUG in the Lego Ambassador Network (LAN). As I see the role, this is the LUG’s opportunity to be represented in the greater Lego community and The Lego Group. To not only fill in the info for the LUG activity and LUG Bulk but to interact more regularly on the LAN and with other LAN members to be able to talk Lego and even influence TLG on current and future regulations they have or may be considering. Further, this is a way for the representative to interact more directly with the LUG membership and bring your concerns on key topics to the LAN, where appropriate.

With that said, I wanted to bring myself to candidacy for our LUG LAN position. From a community perspective, I represent myself in the Lego community daily. I read and post on topics across the Lego community and interact with many of the current Lego influencers in the community through chats or private messages. I try to keep up on current information and topics occurring in TLG and interact where appropriate.

I keep a positive environment in my interactions with our LUG, the Lego Community, and TLG representatives. I think any of the members who have worked with me could agree…..hopefully! I am also open to feedback and if you have any for me, feel free to contact me privately! 🙂

I am looking for an opportunity to get more involved with our LUG and TLG. This opportunity seems in line with my current activity, interest, and ability to interact remotely as family time sometimes regulates my in person interaction.
    Good luck to all of the candidates. I know any of us will represent our LUG in a very good way!

KRISTA:
    ”Hi everybody! Thank you for considering me for the LUG Ambassador position.

I regularly share regularly on the LUG’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, as well as update our Google calendar. I feel that promoting our events on the LAN as the Ambassador is a natural step and look forward to promoting the LUG even further.

I’ve also worked with Tim and the LUGBULK Committee on the LUGBULK spreadsheet and as a spreadsheet nerd, I look forward to doing it again next year. Additionally, I have experience with event management and reporting.

I truly enjoy representing the LUG and it would be my pleasure to serve as your LUG Ambassador if given the opportunity. Thank you!”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar