Minifigure Conundrum!

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Minifigure Conundrum!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Hello Lego Friends!

Looking for ideas….I have a minifigure who’s torso is stuck to it’s leg set. It is a rare fig so I am not looking to break i, but I would like it to be able to come apart again. Looking for ideas on how to separate torso from legs without risking cracking or breakage at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Define ‘stuck’. As in glued, because it was a keychain fig? There must be YouTube tutorials on that. I used one for that chrome red minifig they made as a promotional giveaway years ago, I didn’t get it unglued, but I used a tutorial to get the metal screw out of his head.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Not glued. Or at least it should not be, but it was used so one never knows. It has a Chrome coating so it may just be the “extra” coating and time. So tuck in this instance is purely stuck….I think. I cannot pull the two parts apart with normal/more than normal pressure. I tried attaching the legs to a brick separator thinking the extra grip might help but it did not and the legs almost got stuck on the brick separator! Again, probably due to the “extra” coating.

Avalanchepgh
    Participant

Whoops wrong post and not sure how to delete!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Avalanchepgh.
    David Bacon
    Participant

Have you tried hot water to cause thermal expansion?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Have you tried hot water to cause thermal expansion?

I did…maybe for not long enough or hot enough. Not sure about the temp or timing. Again, don’t want to harm it.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Maybe a pic so we can evaluate? Is the chroming original or an aftermarket process? I was thinking that a hair dryer or heat gun might help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar