Mixed Bins – Perryopolis, PA

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! Mixed Bins – Perryopolis, PA

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

We had someone reach out to us after seeing the KDKA piece asking if we buy LEGO so I’ll pass along what she sent.

It looks like some mixed bins, probably best for play brick or if you just to boost your stock. She said make an offer and is located in Perryopolis, PA.

If you’re interested, please let me know and I’ll make the connection.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

do you know her? I’m curious how she reached out.

Can’t really see much of anything (especially of value) from the small pics. if that’s really all that’s there, looks like some burps and such and maybe the pieces to a star wars set, but just looks like some town figs and some castle accessories. not too much to warrant a drive out to perryopolis, in my opinion, but we could certainly take a donation and add it to the unsorted bins for public events with kids (might make her feel better about donating if we state the intention) or maybe I could try to meet her in century 3, but wouldn’t be able to give her more than $20 for what I currently see. If there was something notable, I’d be fine with raising the price.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I gave out several cards to people who said they had more LEGO than the knew what to do with, so there may be more contacts like that.

Krista K

She reached out via Facebook. It is certainly a hike for such a little haul. I can circle back with her tomorrow and see if she’d be willing to donate, and go from there.

Krista K

@greg I like that and appreciate the heads up.

It occurs to me that it might be beneficial to include a small blurb on our homepage regarding donations, especially if we’re directing people to it.

Tim

Can’t really see much of anything (especially of value)

The second picture shows a Sith Infiltrator from 1999 (Set 7151). Goes for $20 on Bricklink (used without box). If it comes with the Darth Maul minifig, that could be of interest to some. There is also a pod racer underneath the Infiltrator. There could be some more early Star Wars there. $20 or so seems like a fair price.

Kevin
    Participant

There have been several such inquiries at the H&G Show this week. Is there an email where we can direct these folks who want to get rid of their collections? We had one last night who said she went to our website, but couldn’t find any way to reach any of us.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> We had one last night who said she went to our website, but couldn’t find any way to reach any of us.

Hmmm… Clicking on somebody’s name and sending them a message is easy – but only if you’re registered for the site. For the people who aren’t interested in doing that, I’m not sure there is a way for them to contact us.

In the lower right of the webpage, under the DISCLAIMER heading, there’s a sentence (which inexplicably ends with two periods) about sending any questions to Josh Hall. The link goes to his blog. It goes to the home page instead of directly to the ‘Contact’ page, but it doesn’t really matter, because the ‘Contact’ page is blank. So I think probably some changes are needed at this point @joshhall

I’m not sure how easy it is to install something in the site that lets people send the LUG a message without registering, or how we want to handle that. Hopefully people will have suggestions.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Wait a minute… There’s a ‘Contact’ link right at the top of the site (which incidentally is way easier to notice than the ‘Disclaimer’ section I mentioned in the previous post). It takes you right to a form that you can fill out and submit.

Kevin
    Participant

Wait a minute… There’s a ‘Contact’ link right at the top of the site (which incidentally is way easier to notice than the ‘Disclaimer’ section I mentioned in the previous post). It takes you right to a form that you can fill out and submit.

I see that now, but where does that message go? Is there an info@steelcitylug.com or anything similar that can be used as a catch-all for this kind of thing?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Wherever it goes, I’m assuming that Josh has access to it. I don’t know if he gave Krista and Tim access to it, although I wouldn’t be surprised. I would be surprised if it’s going somewhere where any member of the LUG can see it. If it is, I am not aware of it.

Josh
    Keymaster

Yep, contact page is the best method.

There’s a few other options, but contact is the best.

Tim

I don’t know if he gave Krista and Tim access to it, although I wouldn’t be surprised.

Yes, the three of us (Josh, Krista, and me) receive the emails from the Contact page.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar