new AFOL introduction

Home Forums Introductions new AFOL introduction

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BigBBricks
    Participant

Hey, just wanted to say hello from Hershey. Now that you are doing virtual meetings I thought it might be good to look into SteelCityLUG since we live in central PA. I don’t know how many meetings I will be able to drive in for once they resume but I hope to participate as much as possible virtually until then. I build and collect technic and sculpture sets and I currently dabble in GBC and building weird rail systems in my basement. I got back into LEGO with the release of TLM and haven’t looked back since then. Thanks to Will McDine for the referral.

– Big B

I also run a family operated store on BrickLink/Owl called Big B Bricks, please let me know if you are a SteelCityLUG member and place an order so I can give you a discount.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Anyway, yeah! We’ve had members come in from as far away as Youngstown, Ohio, so you are absolutely welcome to check us out.

@bengood921
    is our GBC guy that I know of, and I think @randomdan was dabbling in multiple rail systems to add variance to his industrial builds. @arcadiumsol is probably our best engineering talent, and his melding of Technic and System is superb. These are some LUGgers you may want to strike up a conversation with.

As for me, I build race cars right now for a big Grand Prix theme, planning to get into modular buildings, engineering modular landscaping standards, and getting back into starfighters where I started from. In no particular order.

I find it interesting that different building styles desire different bricks as standards. With cars, I’m using a lot of plate, curved slopes, and SNOT bricks. I just realized as I’m typing this that I do the same thing with starfighter design, but at much larger scale… huh…

Anyway, any LEGO convo is good LEGO. Welcome!

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome Big B! And thanks for the Bricklink discount, I’m sure to take advantage of that!

BigBBricks
    Participant

I appreciate the info @zaximillian, I’ll be sure to reach out to them. Right now I’m waiting on a few parts to come in from TLG so I can start designing my invisible suspension system. I have a feeling it will be quite the undertaking and be a multi-year process which is just my speed.

Thanks @tfdesigns, please let me know before paying if possible, quote is the best method.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Welcome @bigbbricks! It’s been a while, but I know I’ve placed a few orders on BrickOwl with you in the past.

I was checking out your store this morning, and wanted to let the other LUG members know that BigB has been donating 10% of his sales during COVID to local food banks. If I’m reading it right, that has translated to over 40,000 meals from May thru July, which I think is just outstanding!! I’ll be looking to throw some orders your way to help support this generous effort, and I hope others in the LUG will too!!

BigBBricks
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder to update my splash page @rcgrier3406, we’ve actually kept the donations to the food banks going until things fully normalize in our area, so I need to add Aug and Sept info.

In addition to the food bank donations, I’ve also run a few whannabe future 501c’s under the names Brick Santa and Bricks4Soldiers. I’m also trying to see if I can figure out how scholarships work for another project I’m interested in starting. If only it didn’t take $1500 worth of lawyers to do something nice, legally, as a company.

But I’m here as an individual, not a store. Just want to be clear and open about that. I will happily change my name on here or whatever is needed to make sure that it doesn’t appear as you have a store as a member. Y’all get the benefits of the store association but the store is not a member.

Will McDine
    Participant

I didn’t think the day would come where I would see Big B Bricks in Steel City LUG. Welcome sir!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar