NEW Discord Server (Join!)

Home Forums LUG discussions NEW Discord Server (Join!)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mitch
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I worked with Josh to get A discord server up and running for us. I think it would be a great way to chat while you build or easily stream yourself building to only the members of the discord. This is what I have personally done in the past with friends and Discord is really great at creating a hangout spot. Here is the link

If you do not know what discord is nor how to use it I am happy to help anyone. Google says:
    Discord is a VoIP and instant messaging social platform. Users have the ability to communicate with voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media and files in private chats or as part of communities called “servers”

It can be a little hard if you have never used discord before to get started, but once you understand the flow it’s a fantastic tool. And please be patient with the server, I have built a couple before but never one that had as much structure too it. Please feel free to send your suggestions to me on discord and anyone that is an admin of this group and wants discord admin, let me know and I will add you.

Reply here with questions or/and add me on discord (WeirdSalmon#3682).

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Mitch.
    David Bacon
    Participant

@mitchsbricks Looks like the link is missing from your post. Thanks for putting the Discord server together.

Mitch
    Participant

Thanks! updated!

John S
    Participant

I need a crash course in discord I think lol.

Krista K

(100.6.115.38)
    I need a crash course in discord I think lol.

Me too! 😂

Mitch
    Participant

@amplef0rth @knb112 I would be happy to help y’all!

First step would be to make an account. If you guys wanted we could hop on a call either in discord or via some other way if discord is too much to figure out currently and I could walk you through how to use it!

Or here is a guide if that’s more your speed.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Mitch.
    John S
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll take a look at the guide when I get a chance. I’ve had an account to try to follow someone else but I gave up.

Krista K

I use it for a few other groups, but very passively. I’ll check out that guide.

We are doing a Learn from a LUG Member and this might be a good topic for anyone who’s interested in learning more or upping their skills. 🙂

Tim Brown
    Participant

I used to run a discord for a game I used to play. It’s a good way to communicate. Though we’ll definitely want to keep important discussions in a single place.

Josh
    Keymaster

I used to run a discord for a game I used to play. It’s a good way to communicate. Though we’ll definitely want to keep important discussions in a single place.

yep. The forums will stay as the place for logistics/events/long running discussions, but discord can be a new place for real time socializing and gathering.

Thanks for taking the initiative, Mitch!

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

The real-time aspect of it is very ideal, I was gonna suggest doing a Discord server but you beat me to it!

Logan C
    Participant

This is great! I use discord all the time to talk with my friends so it’ll definitely be an easier way for us to communicate.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I use it for a few other groups, but very passively.

Same. I think if I got over the hump of understanding the interface a bit better, I might use it more. But at the same time, even good platforms can feel like “just one more thing to worry about” these days… I’ll give it a spin and try to get over that hump!

Josh
    Keymaster

adding a link to the server on the right menu!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar