Home Forums Introductions New Member

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    andrewse2
    Participant

Hey all,
    My name is Ted. I’m a Pittsburgh transplant from Philadelphia–moved for residency at UPMC in 2016. I recently rediscovered my love of LEGO this past year. Since that time, I’ve started collecting, predominantly Star Wars sets as I’m a huge science fiction nerd. As well, I’m big into MOC as they tend to be more complex, and there is a certain joy in customizing your own pieces. To that end, I’ve slowly started adapting a Danish MOC-er’s massive Hogwarts cross-section castle, sort of like those old books. It will likely end up being over 40,000 pieces. Thus far, I’ve only completed a couple of the rooms given time constraints and cost.
    I found you guys in an effort to connect with AFOLs. It will help me learn more complex design techniques and give me a forum to introduce some my current and future builds. I look forward to chatting.

Cheers and stay safe,
    Ted

P.S. Feel free to ask any medical questions if you’ve got them. I’m not an Infectious Diseases MD, but I’ll answer what I can. Cheers.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Welcome to the LUG! We have some HP SUPER Fans in here so hopefully you will meet them and compare builds.

andrewse2
    Participant

Here are some renders of the initial build! Thanks for the welcome, Jim. I’m excited!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Dobby stealing potions supplies to help Harry with the Second Task! Very well done. Love the details. We’ve got a few interesting Hogwarts builds in the group so far and definitely will enjoy another take on it. Welcome!

Bob Grier
    Participant

Welcome Ted! Always glad to have another HP fan join the group! I also like the level of detail that you’ve put in your “Hogwarts Castle Rooms” so far! I’ve detailed the inside of Gringott’s and the inside of Ollivander’s, so I can appreciate the amount of time it takes to get these details right! Keep them coming!!

If you’re interested, there are some good examples of the variety of HP builds that our members have done in the LUG Gallery. To check them out, click on the “Gallery” tab in the upper right hand corner of this page. The albums in there are organized by event, and (3) that I know for sure that had HP displays are Brickfest Live 2017, Pumpkin Trolley 2018 and Summer Trolley 2018, but there are others as well!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar