New Member, longtime builder

Home Forums Introductions New Member, longtime builder

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rocko
    Participant

Been building off and on since ’75, my first set was the Antique Car (#196), with the big spoked wheels and the two huge figures.
    Loved that set, and loved Legos ever since. Had quite a few ’70s through 90’s sets, but lost them after a fire (sadly). Have a few later sets (most rooms burned completely, a few rooms only burned partially). Since the fire I’ve bought a number of sets (mostly automotive and aircraft).
    Life just ain’t right without Legos lol.
    I’m a gearhead car guy and used to fly, so I build classic cars and airplanes primarily, and occasionally buildings to park the cars in front of.
    My fiancee and I always take one of our classic cars to the Antique Car Show at the PA Trolley Museum every year and that’s how we found out about Steel City LUG. We enjoy the huge display you have there every year.
    I usually build 8-wide classic cars, occasionally 6-wide cars, mostly MOCs. My fiancee enjoys building the smaller Friends sets. She rarely uses the instructions, she just goes by the pictures on the box.
    After the fire we no longer have a computer, but I’ll try to post some pics soon.
    Keep on clickin them bricks

Rocko

Tim

Had quite a few ’70s through 90’s sets, but lost them after a fire (sadly).

That’s a shame and really sad. Other than family pictures (many of which are pre-digital), it would be very difficult to lose all my Lego. I never had the Antique Car but I do have #194 (Family). Always wanted #190 (Farm). On a brighter note, I’m glad you found us and welcome to the group. Would love to see your classic car MOCs when you can post pics.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yeah, that’s a tough one – I’m sure the fire was traumatic in many ways, but I feel you on the sentimental loss of your old sets. Welcome to the group! Hope to meet you at a gathering soon!

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome!

Rocko
    Participant

Thanks Tim!
    The Farm set was one I wanted too, I remember looking at it in the little catalog that came with my first set, but never saw it at a store. I eventually approximated it as my brick collection grew.
    Those classic sets were great fun, I remember ’em well.
    (I thought I had replied to your message shortly after you posted it but apparently it didn’t go through).
    Thanks Matt
    and Tom as well!

Rocko

Rich Millich
    Participant

Heyyyyyy, one of my next projects is building a full grid of minifig scale race cars. I always wanted to build a full racing circuit. Your style could improve mine!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar