New Reindeer on Parts and Pieces

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! New Reindeer on Parts and Pieces

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    John S
    Participant

Just FYI to those that were looking for the new reindeer from this years elf clubhouse, they are now available in bricks and pieces under set 10275, animal 98.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Nice! Thanks! I had taken to looking weekly but had not seen any as of last week.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

What site are you talking about?

John S
    Participant

Lego.com Bricks and pieces, under customer support.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/replacementparts/sale/enter-set-number

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Wow! I am blown away by that. I placed an order for 8 of them, I wonder if it will go through.

John S
    Participant

I did the same. I guess we’re going to find out!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I think the online pick-a-brick started around 15 years ago. How long has LEGO been allowing people to buy “missing pieces” this way?

John S
    Participant

Missing pieces is another method to order from Lego.com. I think it limits you to the number of a particular piece in the set your looking for. Not 100% on that though.

Bricks and pieces has different limits than pick a brick, and you need to know what you’re looking for, either set or part numbers. You can’t just browse by party type, etc. But…sometimes the parts are cheaper. So it helps to check both.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

So there are several modes:

Broken Pieces
    Missing Pieces
    Bricks and Pieces
    Pick A Brick

All have different parts, uses, prices, rules, and limits. As with all things Lego.

Support:

Broken Pieces and Missing Pieces are small order, usually free, and only for their intended name with a set number/ownership. They used to ask for a code off manuals but in the last couple years they have not done that. They usually have “all” the parts even if PAB or BAP don’t have them. Just depends.

Bricks and Pieces you can order any part that is available from any set. Usual exceptions apply like licensed themes. They carry mini figure parts and accessories also. They stock out on popular parts like the reindeer quickly. They also carry a premium price usually but you can stumble on deals every now and then. Best way to get exclusive or interesting parts. Usually limited to 200 or less pieces per part.

Online Lego Store:

PAB is through the Lego store online and sometimes has some good prices but limited and changing selection of parts. You need to look often. This can be used for bricks, plates, tiles, etc. Usually common or more common parts and some cheaper pricing for items. Good for buying bulk. I believe you can order up to 999 parts here. I was never able to order more than that in one part. You can apply to GWP purchases as well unlike BandP.

At least this has been my experience.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I received an electronic receipt from LEGO for a team of reindeer so I guess that means they will be flying in soon.

John S
    Participant

Just flew into my mailbox!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks again for the initial post @amplef0rth, mine also arrived … and the cost was half of what I was expecting to spend!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

These are still available on Brick and Pieces if anyone needs them.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Wouldn’t you need nine? 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar