New to the Area

Home Forums Introductions New to the Area

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey Everyone!

My wife and I just moved to North Pittsburgh (Cranberry TWP) Area.

I’ve spent most of the last decade and a half travelling, so now newly married and settled into one place I’m getting back into collecting and building.

I know I have a lot of reading to catch up on in the forums but I’m looking forward to it. Please let me know if I can do anything to contribute to the group!

Thanks,
    Joel

Tim

Yes, another Cranberry member! Welcome, Joel! Be sure to check out the “Cranberry summer reading 2014” thread (see the Recently Active Topics bar on the side —>). We are planning another display for the Cranberry Library for this summer (this will be our third display there – the first was the Great Wall of China in spring 2013 and then last summer’s “Dig Into Reading” display – you can search for those threads also – I am not sure how to post a link directly to them). We are having a planning meeting at the Cranberry Library this Saturday at 2:00 pm. We will be meeting by the display case in the Children’s section (towards the back) for preliminary discussions and then gathering in the Library conference room. Hope to see you there.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hi Joel, looks like I’m the first person to reply, so welcome. I’d recommend starting with the Cranberry summer reading 2014 forum, cause there’s a meeting in just two days and it’s in your area, so it’d be a way to meet some people to get started. I’d also check out the Q2 meeting forum and the Philly Brickfest forum. Later, Ben

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yes, another Cranberry member!

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

#South4lyfe

But seriously, welcome, indeed. Definitely come to the CranLib meeting this Saturday – it’s right in your neck of the woods, so no excuses! We’ll catch you up on what we’re planning, and see how you can help with that build or others.

We have tons of stuff going on this spring / summer. You can browse threads and / or we can talk Saturday about the various events, but here’s a rough (possibly incomplete) rundown:

Q2 Meeting / Build Day – April 5, but details not worked out yet.

Philly Brick Fest – April 24th weekend (Thurs-Sun). 2 days for AFOLs to learn and share, followed by 2 days for public display. We are planning on a 20×20′ display!

Ligonier RR Display – May 3. Probably will reuse much of the PBF display, but this is a one-day, train-centric display with the Ligonier Valley Railroad Association. We haven’t done much to the Eastern side of PGH and suburbs, so we’re hoping to garner some interest at that time for the Westmoreland Gallery in July

Cranberry Library Summer Display – Install in June, will stay thru August. Elements of this build may be used for the PBF display (not sure about that just yet.)

Westmoreland Museum of Art – month-long gallery display in July. Should be fantastic exposure, and a chance to showcase some different styles of building. We’re going to collaborate on some mosaic recreations of existing paintings, and everyone is welcome to contribute other MOCs, as well. We’re allowed / encouraged to sell items there, too! Most of us haven’t sold things in the past, but it’s an intriguing opportunity, depending on what we build, to test the waters.

Cranberry Days – find the thread or ask Tim; I don’t know many details on this one, save that it will be awesome! I think it’s in August…

OH! And Tim, posting links is as simple as this:

1) Open a thread in a new tab (say, the CranLib Summer Reading).
    2) Copy the URL from your browser’s field
    3) Type any old thing (say, “Fizz, Boom, Read!”) in your thread post
    4) Highlight what you typed, click “link” on the toolbar at top of composition window
    5) You’ll get a popup with a URL field – paste the URL you copied

And BAM: Fizz, Boom, Read!

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Dan
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Jess and I liked meeting everyone at the library today. Sorry we had to run so quickly. Hopefully we’ll be able to make it to the next event!

Thanks again,
    Joel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar