New website look

Home Forums Site Admin New website look

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

I got distracted. There was talk about putting a gallery on our site so we can specifically highlight builds that we have done over the years. I figured we needed to rebrand with the logo anyway. I just found this template and went with it. I wish there were a way to customize themes per user…maybe there is…

anyway, top left corner is how you can log in, @bengood921

I saw @philmatt24 say he hates it already. anyone else have anything valid to say?

anything is up for changing, just found a few hours to play last week and indulged.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

How long have you known me, @joshhall?!?

I don’t hate it. I never said I hate it. In fact, it’s quite nice. It just was a surprise, and an opportunity to reference one of my favorite movie quotes. That’s all.

“…these aren’t my… these guns are really weird!” ~ Roy O’Bannon

Also: the website/forums are different. I don’t like it.

“don’t like” <> “hate”. Also – does the new website come with a sarcasm font? Because apparently I need that, so people don’t think I’m a jerk all the time…

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I did have a login issue on mobile where it did not have the login come up nor was it available in the pull down or anywhere easy I could find (Safari mostly). I did see this was also browser dependent so maybe that is just how it is. Use Chrome I guess.

On PC, I saw the login and it has consistently worked fine between browsers (FireFox, Chrome, IE).

Josh
    Keymaster

I did have a login issue on mobile where it did not have the login come up nor was it available in the pull down or anywhere easy I could find (Safari mostly). I did see this was also browser dependent so maybe that is just how it is. Use Chrome I guess.

On PC, I saw the login and it has consistently worked fine between browsers (FireFox, Chrome, IE).

Fixed! thanks for saying something!

How long have you known me,…. so people don’t think I’m a jerk all the time…

you’re a jerk. All the time.

Tim

Pictures are always a good thing. Whether we pull from our Flickr feed or just have a few MOCs showing on the front page (maybe rotate the pictures every month) or both, I think having some pictures of our builds was a really attractive feature of the old design.

Thanks for putting in the time to revamp the site. Don’t listen to Matt. He is a jerk all the time. :-p

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Tim.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

you’re a jerk. All the time.

Don’t listen to Matt. He is a jerk all the time.

I… I can see when I’m not wanted… [slinks off into a dark corner to live out rest of life in eternal sadness…]

via GIPHY

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Will McDine
    Participant

I too was very lost when I first saw it, but I do like it, makes it look more professional

Dan
    Participant

I really like it so far! Next we should get an SSL cert to keep our super secret Lego club login creds safe!

Tim

I… I can see when I’m not wanted… [slinks off into a dark corner to live out rest of life in eternal sadness…]

Matt… you’re making me cry. Sniff.

Josh
    Keymaster

I really like it so far! Next we should get an SSL cert to keep our super secret Lego club login creds safe!

tell people more about SSL. I don’t want to just lead with it will cost $200 more a year to get a dedicated IP address for the site.

Dan
    Participant

It’s more complicated without a static IP, but it looks like there may be at least one free option. Doesn’t sound as clean, but may work.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar