Oklahoma Girl

Home Forums Introductions Oklahoma Girl

• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Kiah.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kiah
    Participant

Hi all! I am fairly new to Pittsburgh, as I moved here for work a few months ago. My love for Legos grew due to this being the first time I had ever experienced Cabin Fever (Pittsburgh winters are tough!). I was so bored & one day decided to needed to find something to do with my spare time. That’s when I began purchasing legos.. and it just grew into a fun obsession. I don’t buy actual models to build.. I would rather just free style my builds. So the “Pick a Brick” wall at the Lego store is like heaven to me! When I found out about this group I got so excited! I am hoping this will be a great way for me to make friends in this new city I call home!

Tim

Welcome! Glad you have found the group. Definitely browse the forums as there many upcoming activities including an AFOL early bird event on April 13 at the Lego Store, a LUG meeting later that afternoon, and also a Star Wars WalMart event in Cranberry Township also on April 13. Looking forward to meeting you. 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome! Tim covered the basics, look forward to meeting you some time! So, when you freestyle build, is there a certain type of builds you do? City stuff, spaceships, abstract modern art…?

Krista K

Welcome! Look forward to meeting you sometime. 🙂

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome to the group! What do you like to build? We would love to see the things you are working on!

Rich Millich
    Participant

Eyyyyy, hiya! Lemme give you the first LEGO terms we toss around that you’re already doing:

AFOL: Adult Fan Of LEGO
    MOC: My Own Creation, a custom, original build.

So, you can call yourself an AFOL MOCer.

This club does a little bit of everything, not just high profile shows. We swap parts, have get togethers, discuss ways to buy LEGO efficiently, help each other with design solutions for new and tricky MOCs. We sort parts, and try out new connections between them. Some of us are into colors, or certain design lines that LEGO puts out. We design and build in small teams sometimes, and put our MOCs and standard sets together in new ways.

ANYthing you want to build, somebody in this club can appreciate it.

Ask us anything, and leg godt!

Kiah
    Participant

Hi all! Thank you so much for the warm welcomes. Pretty much all of my builds are homes, as I love architecture and interior design. They aren’t the greatest- but I am sure with time I will find new ways to make my builds much more impressive. I have added photos of some of my builds. I don’t mind using instructions, but I much more enjoy just going alone with wherever the bricks take me! haha

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar