Paramedic!

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Paramedic!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

@willmcdine,

What paramedics would you recommend for my race track MOC? I think I want to use the 2012 through 2016 paramedics, mostly because they have carabiners to hook onto the fence on a banked wall as we discussed a while ago:

cty0539 is a good example. The helicopter medics look good too.

But I also like the figs with the EMT star, even if it comes in medium azure, and I want the crew to serve double duty as Platesboro city medics too.

Are there other figs that would work better, mixed and matched as a crew, or did I guess this right for my setting? I appreciate the LEGO emergency minifig expertise. Also, is there EMT “equipment” I should be looking for as place more BL orders?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Rich Millich.
    Rich Millich
    Participant

P.S. Great googaly moogaly dark blue mudguards are expensive!

Will McDine
    Participant

Rich, Sorry I am so late getting back to you here, seems to be a running theme as of late. anywho, lets see what all I can sum up for you. So For your racing themed medics I would say that the minifig pants with the Carabiners would be a good choice. If you wanted them to be dual purpose though then I would just go with generic Navy blue/Black pants and the White Torso with the Star of life. This would indicate a more “community” based ems service who is simply on stand by for the race track details. I personally use Navy blue legs and the old “RES-Q” minifig torsos for my EMS crews. Black/navy blue baseball cap is also optional. Worth noting that the “RES-Q” torsos usually come with black hands and can serve as rubber gloves.

Now as far as EMS equipment, LEGO hasnt really done a good job of making this stuff. Atleast not to my high standards. So with that said I usually make my own equipment including but not limited to ambulance stretchers, back boards, cardiac monitors and so on. I can show you those builds at a later date, none of which are very complex or part intensive

Rich Millich
    Participant

As for figs, it turns out that we EXACTLY agree, as I can get both kinds of figs fairly easily. Navy blue legs would also match the ambulance I want to have.

Res-Q torsos are a great idea, as one of those torsos is also the driver of Greg’s alternate #46 race car. I’ll have to look up Res-Q on Bricklink to see if there are any stickers to add to that car, and pass that along to Greg.

I researched Dark Blue, and great smackadoo those wheel well Mudguard parts are expensive! I’m now thinking it might be a better design to go with regular Blue from wheel wells to a checkered blue-yellow strip along the base of the ambulance, like I do with my race cars, and then two toned above that, dark blue blow, white on the top half, with the half-logo Star of Life in Blue like the Brick Tree EMS ambulance.

Do you have an LDD of the Brick Tree ambulance? I really like that model because it has the same windshield type as other vehicles, and I can put a driver in there.

Final question: if I wanted other decals for the ambulance, even if they are of a matte quality, could I get them from you? I do want a reversed AMBULANCE in white to go across the dark blue hood.

Rich Millich
    Participant

The figs came in, and Will, you are absolutely right. The white torsos with Star of Life and navy blue pants make these medics look local and more laid back, and, as a bonus, they match the style of the ambulance I want. Also, the red helicopter medics are clearly here for race day duty. I didn’t expect them to have flat silver on the torsos, which is another bonus.

I think I want to add navy caps with the pin hole so that they can wear headphones out there.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar