Part ID and Help

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Part ID and Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Hello Team!

I need your help! I bought some windows. Some have Lego IDs on the window bottom…or top….whatever. Some don’t. The ones that do not have a mold dot in the middle. I am wondering if they are not real Lego or if they are real but just don’t have the part number for some reason. I would appreciate any guidance before I post a grievance with this seller.

Picture of windows with code:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143468655@N07/uo9iZx

Picture of window without code and with mold mark:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/143468655@N07/t0pQR8

Thanks in advance for the help and sorry if there is another part ID thread. I did a search but did not readily come up with a part ID or discussion thread.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am guessing you got the parts on bricklink and want to know if someone sold counterfeit parts. Bricklink sometimes has information about parts variations on the page which describes the parts, but I would expect that if there is room to put the LEGO name in the mold, it will be on the part.

Tom Frost
    Participant

I’m certainly not an expert on the subject, but I would say they are not Lego. I believe TLG marks every part. @whitesidewjw may have some insight.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I did @greg. I am wondering if some glass comes already in a window and the window has the part number?

Whiteside
    Participant

I’m certainly not an expert on the subject, but I would say they are not Lego. I believe TLG marks every part. @whitesidewjw may have some insight.

Not all Lego parts made have an ID or Lego or Copyrwrite “C”. It’s hard to tell on the windows. I am leaning toward no, but it is really hard to tell from the pics. I don’t recognize this size window with the dot in the middle, however some of Lego’s old windows did have a dot in the middle toward the top/bottom.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar