Pittsburgh Incline

Home Forums LUG discussions Pittsburgh Incline

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Phil Breneman
    Participant

Personally, I would leave it the way it is for now to see how it works in a display. My guess is that if you bring the whole thing forward half a table or place it near a corner of the layout, people will be able to see it well enough. After you get a display weekend done, then maybe update as needed based on how people react, how reliably it runs, etc.

Josh
    Keymaster

Bob,

I think the incline rocks. A friend once told me that art is never finished, it’s merely abandoned. I think that applies here. What you’ve done here is 1)awesome 2) recognizable 3) unique and most importantly, presentable. I’d take a break and let that last one sink in at a display event or two and see how the public reacts to it. You’ve all gone above and beyond with this already, especially with the delayed stops in the buildings. That’s way more that I would have ever even thought of. You’re certainly lead on this, and all input is valid, but don’t think there’s urgency to change anything with it. I think even the picture wouldn’t do it justice for the scale. Once someone would see it span the length of the table depth and height, I don’t think it -needs- to be any taller or further away. All points are valid, and just proves that you gotta weigh input on what you’re going to be happy with.

Viewing 2 posts - 76 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar