Project G Starfighters

Home Forums MOCs Project G Starfighters

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

These are four of five MOCs I have in real brick, all fully assembled at the same time. These are starfighter models I’ve build over the past year for the video game I’m developing, called Project G for now.

The FS-38G Paladin, Standard Configuration Starfighter

FS-38G Paladin VV Shot + Performance Data

The FS-39G Warlock, Attacker Configuration Starfighter

FS-39G Warlock VV Shot + Performance Data

The FS-40G Gladiator, Tanker Configuration Starfighter

FS-40G Gladiator Oblique Shot + Performance Data

The FS-41G Banshee, Quicker Configuration Starfighter

FS-41G Banshee VV Shot + Performance Data

(The fifth craft, the FS-42G Sovereign, is the game’s “secret” craft, and is built and ready for photography, but I’m unsure whether to reveal it online just yet.)

There were some restrictions I placed on myself during these builds so that they could be converted more easily to sprite size:

* I had to keep the models inside a 32 x 32 stud bounding box.

* Each craft had to have a different base color so they would be vibrant in-game.

* Each craft had to display a blue-yellow-blue flag somewhere on the craft, as this is the color of the player’s faction.

* Each craft had to have weapons mountings that were at least similar to those of the prefabricated firing locations on the default craft of the game engine I’m working with.

* I had to place the same cockpit windscreen in the same place horizontally and vertically per craft so that the general location of the player’s hitbox in-game was consistent.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

These are really cool!  Can’t wait to see them in person (yes, even though I just said on the other thread that maybe you should only bring one to the 2/9 event…)

Dan
    Participant

The Banshee is my personal favorite, but they all look awesome! Might I ask how the game is coming? Perhaps a link?

Perhaps you could release instructions for building each model as a bonus for the game (“Gold Edition” or some such)!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar