Publicity

Home Forums LUG discussions Publicity

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I just responded to a post on craigslist by someone who wanted to go to the Art of the Brick, but realized it was rather expensive to take their big family and they wanted to know how to get discounted tickets. This person might be better off taking their kids to see our LEGO displays at the Trolley Museum rather than sculptures of people at the Science Center. But how would that type of person acquire that information?

Even if families know that Steel City LUG exists, how would they know what we are doing in advance without following our forum discussions? My initial thoughts are that in addition to posting what we did AFTER events, we should advertise BEFORE. A good first step might be to put upcoming events on craigslist and the Steel City LUG facebook page.

Other ideas? Perhaps our peers on the LEGO Ambassador Network (LAN) have successfully addressed this question.

Josh
    Keymaster

We do post about most shows on Facebook.

We have a google calendar with our events.

I used to put the effort in creating a blog post to announce shows and had it populate to Facebook, but this was too much effort for me, and when I asked if anyone wanted to take it over, no one volunteered.

Tim

For doing our own publicity, our Facebook page would probably be best for advanced advertisement. I would hope that most people who see us at shows take a business card or use the QR codes to get there.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

/subbed

Sean Collins
    Participant

I was under the impression we didnt use social media much as a group. Like i see some posts but with how much content we all produce we could have much more of a following.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

If I had the time I would volunteer to take over social media for the group. It’s easy enough to setup an IFTTT to post to Twitter whenever there is a Facebook post. Instagram is a pain because it doesn’t let you be signed into two accounts, and I have a personal account that I use.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Instagram is a pain because it doesn’t let you be signed into two accounts, and I have a personal account that I use.

…mine does… are you doing it right? 😉

Click the icon bottom right on the Insta app, then click your username at top central. It should drop down and allow you to “Add Account”… there was a time when I had four accounts going: personal, Steel City LUG, Snake Hill PGH (to promote my house concerts), and Aruna Run PGH (a charitable 5k I helped with the past few years.)

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I haven’t tried it recently, so they might now.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yea I’ve had it that way for a couple years. Of course, Steel City LUG account got dropped somehow, and I can’t ‘member the password… o_O

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar