Recently rediscovered the joy of legos

Home Forums Introductions Recently rediscovered the joy of legos

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BrickLyfe
    Participant

Hello, my name is Michelle. I was an avid fan of legos back in the late 80s/early 90s… mostly the forestmen and pirate sets. I bought a lego kit a few months ago, and rediscovered the joy. I am working my way through the Harry Potter builds currently, and thanks to the new art releases, i am very interested in trying my hand at moc mosaics! I’m looking forward to brushing up on my skills and seeing everyone’s projects!

SmallFrost
    Participant

Hi Michelle!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by SmallFrost.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome to the group!

Tim

Welcome, Michelle! Almost everyone here has a story of “rediscovery” of Lego and they are all fascinating. Glad you have joined us.

Krista K

Welcome Michelle! I too am an avid fan of Pirates and Forestmen. I also enjoy mosaics and have been working on a lenticular mosaic that I hope to finish soon. I look forward to seeing your builds. ?

Rich Millich
    Participant

Mosaics are pretty strong in this club, and we’ve built a few large scale signs completely rom LEGO as well for movie premiers locally.

Plenty of experience here! Don’t be shy about cruising the threads, asking for advice, or commenting on random things you like. That’s pretty common, and a good way to get involved.

Rich Millich
    Participant

I think in terms of creating mosaics, pixel art techniques may be of use, maybe in creating patterned tile floors, blending colors through dithering, or creating stained glass windows, all as smaller projects leading up to a mosaic’s greater complexity (and winding up with some cool flooring or stained glass panels in the process). Well, that’s how I would try to develop that skill with fun and resulting builds in hand.

Thoughts?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Rich Millich.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar