Rostraver Public Library display

Home Forums LUG discussions Rostraver Public Library display

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Cameron Kennedy
    Participant

Hello everyone. I spoke to the library I’ve been volunteering at and they are really interested in having a display. They have a Lego club and would love to show the kids what they can create with the bricks they have. We are still working on where it will go. Also, they are not sure about an idea for the display. They are hoping to have a Harry Potter display for the summer reading program, but they are not sure what to put in until then. Anyone willing to participate/contribute or help brainstorm some ideas please let me know. I’m not fully sure how to go about setting something like this up, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> We are still working on where it will go.

This is what you need to figure out first. I’m not sure what their options are if they don’t already have some kind of display case built into the library already.

The second thing would be to establish definite dates that you want the display to be in the library.

After that’s done, you can figure out who’s available and interested in taking part. I had to look up the library on the map, it’s not conveniently located for anybody north of the city, although that won’t necessarily stop some people.

Will McDine
    Participant

Not sure what I can or will be able to contribute, but the Library isn’t terribly far from my house. Consider me Subbed

Cameron Kennedy
    Participant

So I will talk to them. I normally volunteer on Tuesdays so I will get the details next time I’m there. Just wondering, how long do the installations normally stay?

Krista K

Just wondering, how long do the installations normally stay?

It depends. Our display at the Science Center has been the same for over a year (probably more), but we try to swap out the LEGO Store quarterly. For a static display, probably a few months would be good.

Also, they are not sure about an idea for the display.

Since we’re already doing a literature-based one for Northland Library, we could take what we have and build on it, literally. I think the thought with that one was that we’d create something that we could rotate throughout different libraries.

I’m not sure what their options are if they don’t already have some kind of display case built into the library already.

As Ben mentioned, it would be good to have some sort of lockable or secure display case. It would also be helpful to know the dimensions and maybe grab a few photos to help get a feel for what it looks like.

Tim Brown
    Participant

It’s a library. I’m subbed. It’s way down south, so probably would have to rely on handing stuff off to someone who’s closer to it though.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I had to look up the library on the map, it’s not conveniently located

I am offended, Benjamin.

This is the library of my youth. (Kinda – we usually went to the Monessen Library, as it was bigger, had better selection, and we were over that way often enough anyway… although from Cameron’s pic, it appears Rostraver has built a new building since my teen years, so I’m sure it’s much nicer now!)

Dan
    Participant

I’d be willing to send things down, but it’s pretty far south for me.

Cameron Kennedy
    Participant

Thank you everyone for all your help so far. I am talking with them and we should have size and more info by next week. I will keep you updated. Merry Christmas!!!

jwphoto
    Participant

Hey all!
    I’m new to the group, but I live pretty close to the Rostraver Library. If there’s anything I can help with, please feel free to contact me. Even if you need a local to play liaison with the library in person.

Best wishes and happy holidays!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar