Sorting some minifigs and stuff at home!

Home Forums LUG discussions Sorting some minifigs and stuff at home!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dac
    Participant

Hey y’all.

I’m taking a stab at sorting that GIGANTIC bin of minifigs. I just finished my “first run”, so to speak, because the categories I have the pieces separated in will be broken down a bit further, and organized a little better. But here’s a picture of what I have so far: http://i.imgur.com/ZLAKpzo.png

So as of now, I have them separated like this (in no particular order):
    – Objects that are held (weapons, tools, etc.)
    – Heads (only one face)
    – Heads (two faces)
    – Broken/missing minifig parts (incomplete torsos, hands, etc.)
    – Complete torsos (all types, for now)
    – Legs (all types, for now)
    – Headgear (hair, hats, etc. Will be broken down more later.)
    – Unfinished minifigs (These are minifigs that are thematic, but aren’t complete)
    – Complete non-thematic minifigs (These are just the random, normal minifigs that don’t fit any particular “theme”)
    – Complete thematic minifigs (These are figs that are either from sets, or carry some specific theme, like “Drunken Sailor”)
    – Some other small bags with some sorted miscellaneous stuff.

My plan is to basically organize everything that’s currently broken down. E.g., Snapping the same heads together, and sorting out all the swords. Ultimately, this should make it easy to find any component, including complete minifigs, you want.

Also, I’ll probably be putting a lot of minifigs together from these parts, just for fun.

This is my first home sorting job, so let me know what you think!

-Dac

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

And how’d they come out?

Josh
    Keymaster

inquisitive minds want to know.

Dac
    Participant

Pretty good so far! I’ve sorted each shirt by its specific print, and I’m working on pants and heads now. I’ve got everything else still just generically sorted, but it’s coming along. I had a vacation the last week-ish, so I didn’t really do too much.

Anyway, still have more to do, but it’s coming along!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar