Trading UP?

Home Forums LUG discussions Trading UP?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sean Collins
    Participant

So currently I have the LUGs derby track in my garage. And while I was at my son’s gifted awards i was talking about the next event we are doing with the derby to their LEGO club teacher. He brought up the fact that all the parts they have are older and pretty much all for making vehicles but nothing to make them unique like the pictures i showed him.

So thats the back story.

So I was thinking we could take the random LEGO we have for the Derby Track and trade half to refresh both collections. It would be an even exchange based on volume. I took some pictures if what they have.

So I’m all for this as older LEGO is hard to find in such nice condition. Which means I would need 4 more people to ok this (i think)

Also if yes to the trade should we trade 1 or 2 boxes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

I don’t know if it is necessary, but I don’t think it would hurt either. As long as the trade is even and the Lego is in good condition, I would support this.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m not quite following – you want more something from the school and the teacher wants whatever random stuff is in the LUG extra bins?

Sean Collins
    Participant

I’m not quite following – you want more something from the school and the teacher wants whatever random stuff is in the LUG extra bins?

The teacher has alot of the early 2000s education sets and wants random parts to make their lego club more interesting so the kids can be more creative. And i think, the more variety in the extra bins we have the better the derby event can be.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

It’s true that our current derby brick bins have a LOT of small pieces, good for flair but not great for making nice, long, sleek cars – I see a lot of technic brick, etc in those bins, which WOULD be good for car frames. I could see this being a win/win.

Are those bins about the same size and weight as ours? Were you just going to trade a bin (or 2) straight up, or try to sort through a bit to ensure good parts distribution?

Sean Collins
    Participant

@philmatt24 to be fair i was going to trade via volume and the boxes seem to be the same size and i think its best to just do straight up trades

Josh
    Keymaster

We’ve spent a lot of time making sure our bins don’t have any other tires and wheels. I’d like to maintain that. We shouldn’t be trading parts away for parts that are not going to be used for our derby.

I don’t foresee our usual audience for the track making any use of gears or special attention to technic bricks and parts. They just throw together a bunch of parts on a car. Nothing is truly functional.

If a trade is to be done, I think 1 bin is fine.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Josh.
    Sean Collins
    Participant

Ok so than we have 5 for one bin. I’ll trade it tomorrow and to acknowledge josh’s concerns i will filter any wheels and gears from the trade and stay on getting bricks.

Ill also try and pick a bin with the least amount of bricky bricks and plates as these seem to be what most of the kids build with.

Sean Collins
    Participant

Update: I picked a bin with alot of non-bricky brick and plates. I have quickly sorted through it to remove axles and wheels that might have been dumped in during clean up. About 9 2×2 with Pin and 20ish 2×6 plate where removed from bins along with a few kid friendly build parts, mini fig pieces, and non-Lego brick.

@joshhall
    I did note that although you mentioned technic pieces (gears, bricks, and what not) are not parts our usual audience uses for the track the bin did have quite a few of them including pins, bricks, plates, etc. Also i think by limiting what parts are in the derby bins we limit what the children (teens and adults) can build. I will how ever honor your wishes and refrain from getting and non-functional or wheeled pieces. XD

Sean Collins
    Participant

Trade completed

Attachments:
    Sean Collins
    Participant

Close up

Attachments:
    Dan
    Participant

Looks pretty good!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar