Train ambassador needed

Home Forums LUG discussions Train ambassador needed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

The AFOL community is organizing, and we’ve been asked to participate. I am not the best candidate for that job. Who will take up that torch and lead us and participate?

Dear Lego fans,
    My Name is Ondrew Hartigan, Some of you may know me and some of you may not but needless to say I’ve been in the Lego train community for a while as the “custom track guy” and as a member of multiple LTCs.

Currently I am working on a project to collect some basic information on Lego user groups/Lego Train clubs Train display standards so they can be shared. It is my hope that gathering this information will assist clubs in doing multi club collaborative events/shows. In addition to this goal I will be using this data in the creation of a list of Recommended Practices for people who are new to the hobby as well as for LUGs/LTCs who are interested. Please note: It is not my intention to change the way your club currently does things.

In order to quickly obtain this information I have set up a survey which takes about 5 minutes to fill out. You can find the survey here:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-HL2xCK9g0Xqfwh5AjZHlp9So_IoOOrsPBDC2L0DP2w/viewform

Thank you for your help, Ondrew Hartigan

and Cale, from PennLUG, had this to say when I asked him about it:

Long story but several of us train builders have recently started working on creating a new organization, the North American Association of Brick Railroads. The goal is to help bring LUGs, LTCs, and individuals together who want to do train layouts, represent them on a national level, and foster large collaborative displays at big events. Ondrew is gathering info on what clubs are doing so we can get a better idea of where to start.

Cale

• This topic was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Josh.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

the North American Association of Brick Railroads

The title of this thread should have been “Won’t you be my NAABR?”

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

lol, Greg +2

ChristianK
    Participant

Okay, now THAT was funny.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Seriously.

Josh
    Keymaster

do tags work here?

@laura
    @randomdan @timf

Dan
    Participant

Tags do work!

Looking at the survey this is more of a Laura/Tim/Andrew thing. I’m not down ‘n dirty with double track… I prefer a single (uni?) rail line!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does anyone know, do any of the train table standards incorporate display tables that also act as transport containers? This notion presented itself at a market today.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar