Train Show at Dac's – Sunday, December 20th 2-4pm

Home Forums LUG discussions Train Show at Dac's – Sunday, December 20th 2-4pm

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Dac
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m having a small train show for friends and family at my house on December 20th from 2 to 4pm. Address: 283 Kingswood Rd, 16105

The actual train board is roughly 8×13 feet and features mostly LEGO buildings, trains, and various scenes, as well as a handful of Lionel Trains. This is my first attempt at a LEGO display, so I hope it’s good!

There will be food and soda for everyone (pizza, cookies, etc). It would mean a lot if anyone from the LUG could make it, but I live about an hour north of Pittsburgh, so I definitely don’t expect many people to make the drive up there, but if people are thinking about it then maybe someone can arrange a carpool up there.

Here’s a link to the awesome (read: tacky) invitation: http://i.imgur.com/wfb3I4o.jpg

Hope to see some of you there!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I can’t commit yet, (you know how the holiday season is), but I’ll see what I can do. Definitely appreciate the ludicrous / hilarious run-on invitation (which I didn’t read during the meeting because that was #srsbiznis).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan Efran
    Participant

Sounds like a good time. I would try to attend but, alas, I’ll be out of town that day. Thanks for the invite!

Tim

Dac, sounds like a great get together. Unfortunately, I have family commitments on Sunday and will not be able to attend. Please take and post pictures to the flickr account of the event. I would love to see your display!

P.S. Nutter Butter Santa cookies are always awesome. But not gluten free (which I am pretty certain is “a thing”.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Tim.
    Dan
    Participant

I read the entire invitation. Hawaiian? Needs less fruit and more meat!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Dac, Do you have any teaser photos?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hawaiian? Needs less fruit and more meat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtAhBdv_R28

Dac
    Participant

Dac, Do you have any teaser photos?

As a matter of fact, I do. I just took these a bit ago. I don’t have any of the lights on, so these aren’t great pics, but it gives you an idea of what I have on display. There’s a lot more where this comes from, though. 😉

View post on imgur.com

Hope to see some of you today!

Tim

Nice pictures Zac. My favorite details are: (1) the three sized Bennys; (2) the use of the micro modular for the Z scale layout section, and (3) the elevated rail line.

I presume that the plastic tubing contains LEDs. I would love to see a few pictures with those lights on, if you can take some. Have a great time this afternoon.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Wow Dac, you have a lot of sets!

I like the dual firey tire tracks behind the Delorean. I also thought it was interesting that the Ecto-1 and the Mystery Machine were both at the same haunted house. 🙂 Are your trains 9V, PF or some of each? I’m envious of all that straight train track.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hawaiian? Needs less fruit and more meat!

<iframe width=”591″ height=”332″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/TtAhBdv_R28?feature=oembed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe>

tl;dw. But that’s a valid point. #eatmorchikin

Nice pictures Zac.

Who’s Zac?

Tim

Who’s Zac?

You just love catching my typos! “Dac”.

Dac
    Participant

I’ll definitely take some pics with the lights turned on. I’ll take some videos, too. 🙂

Josh
    Keymaster

dude, killer. I like the speech balloons. the layout is great!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar