Transformers

Home Forums MOCs Transformers

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Hi! These look amazing!

I too tried as a kid to make Transformers as Lego and failed but I did try! With the release of the Icons Optimus Prime (yep already got him) I am hoping Lego does more…maybe the 4 classic ones that they show on the first page of the instruction manual (Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee and Starsceam).

With that said, you have a talent for creating your own. Every thought about trying your hand at Jetfire (my favorite Transformer and I mean the toy, not how he looks in the cartoon, boo!). I know it’s a Robotech/Macross knockoff but it would be amazing to see done.

Keep it up!

Logan C
    Participant

Wow, robot-to-vehicle is hard enough but to get a triple-transformer is really impressive, especially at that scale! Great job. Hopefully Spitfin makes it to BF-PA.

Thanks! I will be bringing Spitfin to BF-PA, but haven’t decided what mode to display him in yet!

I am hoping Lego does more…maybe the 4 classic ones that they show on the first page of the instruction manual (Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee and Starsceam).

This has been the subject of much debate with my fellow LEGO TF builders. Consensus seems to be that everyone would like a Megatron next, but we know LEGO would never do it (at least in his original form) because of the gun alternate mode, which is a big no-no for LEGO. I think next most likely would be Bumblebee due to the character’s popularity and LEGO’s long-standing partnership with Volkswagen. Although maybe that would be a reason for them not to do it, since it would be their third giant VW Beetle. I’d love to see a Starscream, but I personally think the most likely candidate for a Decepticon set is Soundwave. His transformation is super simple, which makes it more doable when taking into account LEGO’s strict stability standards, and I don’t think they would need to secure any additional licensing to make that cassette deck alt-mode.

With that said, you have a talent for creating your own. Every thought about trying your hand at Jetfire

Thanks, and yes I do plan on doing Jetfire along with all of the rest of the G1 cast eventually. However, I personally like to base all of my builds on the cartoon appearances of the characters, so it may not be quite what you’re looking for, lol. Perhaps in the future when I make that design I’ll do a Macross-inspired retool of it, we’ll see!

Logan C
    Participant

Decided to make a pumpkin transformer to celebrate the spooky season. Luckily I the parts for it came in just in time for Brickfest Live Pittsburgh, so if you’re going to that you’ll be able to see it in person! Also I assure you the pumpkin is actually round, my phone camera just warps the shape for whatever reason.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Logan C
    Participant

And here’s the robot mode since the site refuses to upload 2 photos in one post:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

“Look out Shrek! He got a piece! – It’s a pumpkin, Donkey.”

Bob Grier
    Participant

And here’s the robot mode since the site refuses to upload 2 photos in one post:

@loganc
    , to get around that site limitation and have all of the photos appear in a single post, you can upload and submit one photo, and then edit the post to upload more one at a time.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Tim

to get around that site limitation and have all of the photos appear in a single post, you can upload and submit one photo, and then edit the post to upload more one at a time.

Underneath the “text window” there should be an “Attachments” heading under which is a “Choose File” button. Underneath that is “Add another file” hyperlink. After selecting the first attachment, simply click on the hyperlink and the site allows you to select another file to attach. I’ve never had any problem doing multiple attachments in one post.

Dan
    Participant

I love the pumpkin build!

Have you considered building two of each transformer so you can display both modes at shows?

Logan C
    Participant

Underneath that is “Add another file” hyperlink.

This is how I try to do it but it never works for me. Always essentially crashes the site and when I refresh I find my post submitted with only the first picture I added attached.

to get around that site limitation and have all of the photos appear in a single post, you can upload and submit one photo, and then edit the post to upload more one at a time.

Hmm I didn’t think of this, I’ll give it a try next time I post a transformer.

Have you considered building two of each transformer so you can display both modes at shows?

I know of at least one person who does this, and it works great for a static display. But it doesn’t have much appeal to me personally because 1, it’s obviously twice as parts intensive and therefore twice as expensive and 2, I usually will demonstrate the transformations at shows when the public asks. Another alternative I’ve seen is printing off cards with one mode pictured on either side, the idea being to always display the card showing whichever mode the transformer isn’t currently in. This is more likely the solution I’d see myself implementing if I ever decided I wanted both modes on display at once.

Renée
    Participant

This is how I try to do it but it never works for me. Always essentially crashes the site and when I refresh I find my post submitted with only the first picture I added attached.

This is what happens to me, too, and editing the post to add another picture works for me. When I submit posts with pics I do it from Chrome on Windows, is that what you are using?

Thanks for demonstrating the Pumpkin transformer for me at the show. The cards with pictures is a good idea, or a sign along the lines of “Have a favorite? Want to see it transform? Just ask!”. I admit I wouldn’t have been bold enough to ask, except as a fellow LUG member.

Dan
    Participant

Saw a Lego transformer post on Reddit today!

Logan C
    Participant

Saw a Lego transformer post on Reddit today!

Interesting! I think I’ve seen this builder before on YouTube. The really small LEGO Transformers are very popular on YouTube for some reason. Guess it’s because they’re easier for kids to build.

When I submit posts with pics I do it from Chrome on Windows, is that what you are using?

Yes, most of the time. I’ve recently switched my default browser to Brave but it has still run into the same issue. I’ll try editing the post next time I showcase a build here and hopefully that will work!

Viewing 12 posts - 26 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar