Vintage Swiss Rolling Stock

Home Forums MOCs Vintage Swiss Rolling Stock

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Parts finally came in so I finished building these six vintage cars as a cargo train for that Swiss Crocodile. There’s three box cars, a lumber gondola, a hot chocolate transport (I run a dry railroad), and a famous green caboose. They’re based on actual vintage rolling stock from the region as well as old O-scale examples that could be found. Despite being single fixed axle at both ends, the cars do work on standard Lego curve and switch track, because they’re spaced apart like the old Lego train sets. I’m half tempted to run them in my backyard as a makeshift garden railway. 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Cool trains! I never realized how useful those profile bricks could be using the non-brick side. They work perfectly for this purpose. 🙂

Tim

Very nice! If you do run them as a garden railroad, please post pics/video!

Dan
    Participant

Beautiful! On the real cars what is the vertical gray beam visible on both the gondola and hot chocolate transport?

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Thanks! I hope to someday.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Yeah, I agree there’s quite a lot of potential for those kind of specialty bricks to be used for other purposes. The yellow one brought back nightmares as it uses 4070 headlight bricks, which I used a ton for my Kings Cross station overhead barrel vaulting. LOL

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Thanks. That vertical grey thing represents the typical narrow shed built over the brake wheel. Apparently it gets quite cold and snow in the Alps so the Swiss build enclosures over the brake control rather than let it be exposed to the elements. A couple of people in the train groups though it was a convenient outhouse. heheheheh

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar