Wanna Sell a Big Set?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Wanna Sell a Big Set?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Hey folks,

A friend of mine sent me this message as her older son is heading to college next year and they want to give him and his brother a fun project/present for their last spring living together:

“I’m in the market for a high ticket LEGO set, probably something Star Wars. For years, they’ve talked about the Death Star and they’ve mentioned the Millennium Falcon. Know any good deals? Anyone you know looking to offload?”

I kind of doubt anyone in the LUG who owns either set is looking to sell, but ya never know… I’m not sure if she’d want to stick to a new/sealed set, or would be open to used. If you have one you’d part with, let me know and I can connect you!

I also don’t really know of any deals on flagship sets like that (other than the standard LEGO.com “freebie with $xxx purchase!” and double VIP type stuff.) Anyone have ideas?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Zavvi had a falcon deal but it’s probably gone now. Worth checking.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I guess you mean the 8 millennium piece falcon set. Official vendors are probably best at this point.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Zavvi had a falcon deal but it’s probably gone now. Worth checking.

I’d never heard of Zavvi. It shows sold out. Thanks for the tip.

I guess you mean the 8 millennium piece falcon set. Official vendors are probably best at this point.

Indeed, when she said “big ticket” and referenced her kids “have been talking about the Death Star for years,” I assumed that meant the $800 Falcon instead of the $150.

I did mention to her that at the very least there are things like double VIP points or “spend $XXX to get a free set!” deals this time of year, and that I’d be happy to use my VIP account should she decide to go thru LEGO.com and not want the hassle. We’ll see… but yes, I doubt there’ll be any real “deals” from private sellers / resellers. A few Death Stars on Bricklink, but none below MSRP… ooooh wait lookit the Falcon… that’s gotta be ill-gotten sets, right?

So is it ethical to buy her a Falcon at $670 that was likely acquired via stolen CC or “fell off a truck” or something…?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

It was like $635 at zavvi near Thanksgiving. So $670 may be ok. Shipping will kill that deal as it is big and heavy!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar