Want: Plain Minifig Parts

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! Want: Plain Minifig Parts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

I’m now starting on drivers for my racecar fleet. Since most minifigs do not have sponsored or patterned torsos that are good for racing suits, the alternate solution is to figbarf helmet, visor, torsos, arms, gloves, the hip “harness”, and legs to create racing suits that match the cars.

So now I’m looking for plain minifig parts, whether assembled or disassembled, in white, black, and every color from red to purple, and one set of flat silver arms and legs. I do have enough blue and green legs for now. Visors includes funky visors like trans-green, black, all trans-blue colors, trans-yellow, one trans-clear, and trans-red. Mixed hip and leg colors are okay. Mixed torso and arm colors are okay.

I’m willing to buy these at Q4 based on BrickLink the current Used 6 month average price if I can’t redeem them.

Will McDine
    Participant

Let me look this week and I will let you know what I have.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

So now I’m looking for plain minifig parts

Can you make a wishlist for what you need updated like this?

visors – 2 black
    helmets – 1 red
    torsos – 1 yellow
    legs – 1 purple

Rich Millich
    Participant

Okay, @greg, but hugely long and intimidating posts are exactly why I wanted to keep this simple. But here we go:

Here’s what I need as of now, according to the race teams I have planned out and based on existing Wanted Lists on BrickLink. Torsos are listed, but I plan on switching arms, hands and hips out between them to better match the livery of the cars where I can. There is a lot of overlap between Torso and Arms categories. While it is vanishingly unlikely that anyone has the minifigs I want for my pit crews, I’ve listed them too at the end.

TORSOS, WITH ARMS
    7 Black
    3 Blue
    1 Dark Purple
    1 Green
    1 Light Bluish Gray
    1 Orange
    3 Red
    2 White
    4 Yellow
    1 Blue Torso Plain / Yellow Arms / Blue Hands, 973c56
    8 Lime Torso Mechanic Race Jacket with Wrench and Black and White Checkered Pattern / Lime Arms / Dark Bluish Gray Hands, 973pb1384c01 @willmcdine, this is the torso for the #17 race team, but I plan on swapping out for black sleeves and gloves.
    6 Blue Torso Racers Number 18 and Yellow Stripe Pattern / Yellow Arms / Dark Gray Hands, 973pb0072c01

ARMS, MATCHED SET
    2 Black
    1 Bright Green
    1 Dark Red
    1 Flat Silver
    7 Green
    1 Light Bluish Gray
    4 Lime
    1 Magenta
    1 Medium Blue
    2 Orange
    1 Pearl Gold
    8 Red
    1 White
    2 Yellow

HANDS
    8 Black
    10 Blue
    2 Dark Red
    2 Dark Purple
    2 Lime
    2 Medium Blue
    4 Orange
    22 Red
    22 White

LEGS AND HIPS
    5 Black
    2 Blue
    1 Bright Green
    1 Dark Purple
    1 Light Bluish Gray
    1 Flat Silver
    14 Green
    5 Lime
    7 Lime Hips and Lime Legs with Black Lines and Yellow Knee Stripes Pattern, 970c34pb01 , @willmcdine, this is a firefighter set of legs. You may have these. They fit the #17 race team nicely, and I will build a full pit crew as one of the well developed teams doing things on pit row. I think this is the race team you may wind up rooting for.
    1 Magenta
    2 Medium Blue
    3 Orange
    1 Pearl Gold
    13 Red
    8 White
    8 Yellow

HELMETS (all Minifigure, Headgear Helmet Standard 2446 )
    6 Black
    3 Blue
    5 Dark Blue
    1 Dark Red
    1 Dark Purple
    1 Magenta
    1 Medium Blue
    1 Pearl Gold
    2 Red
    1 White
    4 Yellow
    And ANY helmet with a pattern on it

CAPS
    2 Dark Blue Minifigure, Headgear Cap – Short Curved Bill with Seams and Hole on Top, 11303
    2 Red Minifigure, Headgear Cap – Short Curved Bill with Seams and Hole on Top, 11303

VISORS
    3 Black
    1 Metallic Gold
    3 Trans-Black
    2 Trans Dark Blue
    2 Trans Green
    2 Trans Light-Blue
    5 Trans Neon-Green
    8 Trans-Red
    5 Trans Yellow

MINIFIGS
    4 Race Car Driver, White Race Suit with Octan Logo, Red Helmet with Trans-Black Visor, Crooked Smile with Black Dimple, cty0389
    1 Race Car Mechanic, White Race Suit with Octan Logo, Red Cap with Hole, Brown Eyebrows, Thin Grin with Teeth, cty0390
    1 Race Car Mechanic, White Race Suit with Octan Logo, Red Cap with Hole, Headphones, Smirk and Stubble Beard, cty0391
    5 Desert Rally Racer Driver with Orange ‘VITA RUSH’ Logo, cty0983
    5 Backyard Blaster 1 (Bart Blaster) – Standard Helmet, No Visor, wr009
    7 Race Car Driver, White Octan Race Suit with Silver Zipper, Red Helmet with Trans-Black Visor, Crooked Smile, Stubble Beard, rac059 I plan on swapping out the legs for red legs with green hips to better differentiate the Octan teams.
    1 Buggy Driver, Checkered Race Torso, Blue Helmet, Black Legs, cty0712
    7 Red Octan – Racing, Red Legs, Red Helmet, Trans-Light Blue Visor, oct030

The long term plan is to put only drivers in most cars, but to have full pit crews visible and doing things on pit row where those crews can have full and detailed LEGO IP race suits. This includes the #1, #21 and #71 Octan teams, the #4 Vita Rush, the #13, #17, the #18, even though unsponsored, and the #46 X-Treme. In this way I can line pit row with eight full teams and spotters that are moving around, and have extra uniforms in the stands among the fans.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Okay, @greg, but hugely long and intimidating posts are exactly why I wanted to keep this simple.

Now I understand that this is an overwhelmingly large list. So what is the time frame for completion?

On a side note, do you remember if minifig hands were ever a LUGbulk item?

Rich Millich
    Participant

One, I figure on putting together one car, plus driver, per month, treating them as bite sized, rewarding and achievable. As the race track, even a front stretch, is a looooooot of brick, I figured, do the cars first, as they can be displayed independently, are the most colorful things, and would draw the most attention.

As for hands being in LUGBulk, I don’t remember seeing them, or I passed over them in all these years because I didn’t need 25+ of a particular color. However, fig hands could conceivably be a good buy. This all depends on the color, especially if a builder is generating a faction in a color where fig hands are well above average price on BL. Fig hands are also unique connection parts, and are decent greebling in the tonal colors, so a buy of fig hands in LUGBulk could be smart, depending on the builder’s style.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar