Washing bricks.

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Washing bricks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ChristianK
    Participant

So, what do you think? What’s the most effective way to wash bricks, to clear away ages of inactivity and layers of dust? The one time I tried it, I put them in a washing machine-safe bag, in a washer on a no-spin, very gentle cycle, then let them air dry. I’ve only done this once. I usually like to get my sets new, but that’s not always possible (or realistic!). I recently won my most highly coveted set for a decently reasonable price on eBay, but it looks like I may need to freshen it up a bit. Any better suggestions? The method I’ve described doesn’t have any long term repercussions, does it?

Josh
    Keymaster

depends on the quantity, value, and how dirty is it, but I usually go for the mesh bag in the washer/dryer. I’ve also taken a qtip or tissue dabbed in some hand sanitizer/alcohol to get those detail spots when the piece is worth the effort. and see my post about whitening bricks too.

Zemata
    Participant

I use a strainer in a sink.  Afraid to try washing machine because I don’t want them to scratch against each other too much.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar