What custom stickers would you want?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! What custom stickers would you want?

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

Purists, the following thread contains disturbing content. Viewer discretion is advised.

@randomdan
    and I were talking this morning about custom stickers for industrial machinery. That brought me to a larger question:

“What common, custom stickers would we want that LEGO isn’t likely to produce in numbers or in the style we want?”

Here’s what we came up with so far:
    * Warning stickers like No Smoking, Ear Protection Required, Eye Protection Required, Wet Floor signs.
    * American styled road signs, street signs, WALK / DON’T WALK signs, and traffic lane markers
    * Custom shop signs, office logos, or billboards for City MOCs
    * Custom signage for trains, crossings, and track signals

TLG makes some of these, but in a distinct European style, and even those stickers and parts are often difficult to acquire.

I know that some of us already use custom stickers and to great effect. Beyond that, based on what you build, are there common, non-Intellectual Property, utilitarian stickers that we could use multiples of?
    What unique stickers do you wish you had?
    What custom stickers do you use now?
    What specific signs do you commonly see that LEGO does not have?

What categories did I miss to start this discussion?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Rich Millich.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Rich Millich.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I don’t shop at Starbucks, but I have been tempted to buy Starbucks stickers on eBay before.

Rich Millich
    Participant

I don’t shop at Starbucks, but I have been tempted to buy Starbucks stickers on eBay before.

Which version? And would this include stickers for the cups or menus?

I know Duncan built a 7-Eleven that we displayed, and did customer stickering for 1980s arcade machines…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Rich Millich.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332833663014

(without the $11 shipping.)

Rich Millich
    Participant

$18 total for a $7 sticker sheet. Ouch. Here’s hoping there’s other stuff there to justify the shipping. I’m buying an official TLG sticker sheet though for $7.50 as soon as PayPal funds land. Two available worldwide.

As far as IP builds, I think we’ve already broken that ice with the 7-Eleven on display, so a Starbucks wouldn’t be that different. I mean, if TLG has licensed corporation backed products for profit, it seems okay (to me) for us to do so without profit. We already do for institutions like SnoBank that we simply make up ourselves. So long as it’s done with a professional look, or at least skeletally like many of TLG’s “storefront” City sets.

That’s a nice sticker sheet, and would make for pretty dense detail. Specialty projects like this pretty much require custom stickers.

Logan C
    Participant

I’m not usually one to use custom stickers but I could see myself getting some in the future. One thing I’ve noticed a lack of recently is the Red Cross logo, which would be great for hospitals, ambulances, and military-related builds as well. I think LEGO has done the logo as stickers/prints in a few older sets, but nothing recent or easy to find from what I’ve seen.
    I found it easier to buy custom printed tiles with the Red Cross from Eclipsegrafx at Brickfair than to hunt down official ones on Bricklink. I think some custom stickers with the logo would be very useful and much appreciated by the community.

Rich Millich
    Participant

I’m not usually one to use custom stickers but I could see myself getting some in the future. One thing I’ve noticed a lack of recently is the Red Cross logo, which would be great for hospitals, ambulances, and military-related builds as well. I think LEGO has done the logo as stickers/prints in a few older sets, but nothing recent or easy to find from what I’ve seen.
    I found it easier to buy custom printed tiles with the Red Cross from Eclipsegrafx at Brickfair than to hunt down official ones on Bricklink. I think some custom stickers with the logo would be very useful and much appreciated by the community.

@willmcdine
    is our builder specializing in First Responders. I bet he has an answer, or at least an opinion on Red Cross logos.

Will McDine
    Participant

There is a ton of stickers I would like for LEGO to produce. The list is endless. As far as what I do, I usually use decal paper bought from staples to make my custom stickers. the issue there is that it is not glossy and can look rather bland. I Friend of mine in the LEGO fire community uses photo paper which gives it that glossy shine but also can be rather expensive.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Nothing wrong with stickers. They don’t hurt the bricks. As a kid, I would have loved to see more dashboards and controls on stickers, something like the old Countach dash on a 1×2 tile would have been awesome in my little city super cars. As an adult, whatever stickers might be useful on steam engines can be helpful. I think the biggest kicker would be if stickers were printed on a clear background so that builders can use them on any color creation or different themes. Sometimes it’s frustrating when the printed background color is off by a little from the intended brick. Other times, it’s trying to apply a clear sticker without fingerprints or a surprise dust particle showing. LOL

Rich Millich
    Participant

I totally agree with transparent bases for stickers. The color on the underlying bricks should be used, not fought. There are many exceptions, however, such as license plates which are “mounted” on the backing element.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar