2018 Event Support Program

Home Forums LUG discussions 2018 Event Support Program

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I think something like that would be very helpful. I like using “[ES]”. Is there a way to modify the Thread name once it is created and posted? Some events may initially not be ES events but then evolve into an ES event as things progress.

Yeah, those of us with moderator capability can edit the first post of any thread and rename the thread. I believe the thread’s creator can, as well.

Josh
    Keymaster

we received 2 more boxes of play brick that had 8 wompas in them. same set boxes that we’ve had.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Will McDine
    Participant

Next time we get boxes in let me know. I should be able to take one or two

Tim

To submit in 2018, no later than 90 days prior to event:
    – Greenberg’s Train & Toy Show / July / 4
    – Punkin Trolley / October / 9
    – Maker Faire / October / 6*
    – Greenberg’s Train & Toy Show / November / 9
    – Santa Trolley / November / 10
    – Cranberry First Night / November / 8
    – Bethel Park Library Display / Whenever? / 6
    – SW Randall Evolving Display / Nov-Jan / **

I am getting ready to submit for ES for Pumpkin Trolley this week. And unless anyone objects, I will likely submit Greenberg’s (November show), Santa Trolley, and Cranberry First Night to round out the 5 supported events for 2018.

Pete
    Participant

I would leave out sw randall, cranberry first night, and bethel park library.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I thought we’d decided that SWRandall’s doesn’t qualify because they compensate us for the display, and therefore we do not get LUG PaB credit for doing it. For example, I was heavily involved this past year, and I got zero cup credit for it, but the SWR guy nonchalantly gave me two Nexo Knight sets with a retail value of about $200.

EDIT: Maybe that doesn’t matter though. We get paid cash for Greenberg, and I believe ICF and the Trolley Museum give us a small amount to show their appreciation as well, and that doesn’t seem to be a problem.

Rich Millich
    Participant

SWR should not apply for Event Support, for the exact reasons Ben has mentioned, plus there is no way to confirm traffic numbers.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I would leave out sw randall, cranberry first night, and bethel park library.

I thought we’d decided that SWRandall’s doesn’t qualify because they compensate us for the display, and therefore we do not get LUG PaB credit for doing it.

SWR should not apply for Event Support, for the exact reasons Ben has mentioned, plus there is no way to confirm traffic numbers.

Did we decide this? Can you find where? It’s a bit late in the year to take those events out of our plan…

And honestly, the Event Support rules are more like guidelines, anyway…

via GIPHY

Josh
    Keymaster

Being compensated has no attachment to event support from LEGO.

I think maybe you’re confusing no pab credits for some members who got sets from SW Randall, or perhaps confusing convention support as a reason why event support doesn’t apply to conventions, because LEGO is already supporting it.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Re: Josh’s post – yeah I don’t know what I was thinking. Clearly something got crossed in my brain there.

Re: plus there is no way to confirm traffic numbers – I seem to remember there’s a minimum number required (2000 maybe? I don’t remember). I’d say just use that, I have trouble believing Lego is gonna dispute it. Tons of people saw that display, lots of people liked it, and the SWR people love us, so I’d hardly feel like we were ripping off Lego on that one.

Tim

minimum number required

500 minimum.

Out of all the ones I am planning on submitting for ES, Cranberry First Night worries me the most, at least participation wise. Last year, there were only two of us (me and Dan W.) and maybe one more (Greg?) who contributed builds. That is way short of the 10 minimum. So unless we have a huge increase in participation, we woun’t qualify for support.

Tim

Event support for Pumpkin Trolley has been approved! @laura, time to get a thread started. 🙂

Will McDine
    Participant

Are we still planning on submitting for SW Randall? I may have jury duty on Monday the 13th and was planning on making the small walk over there to not only see about displaying this year, but to get the needed info for event support.

Rich Millich
    Participant

@willmcdine, I believe @arcadiumsol wanted to lead SWR III, but there’s no reason not to tag team some of the basics now and start the thread. It is August now.

Sean Collins
    Participant

I was going to start the thread after the meeting. And i was planing on going down there this weekend.

Will McDine
    Participant

@willmcdine, I believe @arcadiumsol wanted to lead SWR III, but there’s no reason not to tag team some of the basics now and start the thread. It is August now.

I was going to start the thread after the meeting. And i was planing on going down there this weekend.

That is fine either way. I was planning on going to the store regardless to see what they had. @arcadiumsol it may be better to start the thread before the meeting though so that we can talk about it at the meeting. Better to do it this way only because we don’t know when the Q4 meeting will be.

Josh
    Keymaster

we got some goodies yesterday.

a bunch of great sets and 2 unsorted support boxes, that have roller coaster track and new battery box.

@pete
    , I’ll wait for you to figure out what these sets should be worth.

@pnbrenem
    I’ll let you decide what to do with all that track.

Attachments:
    Tim

If my notes are correct, we are eligible for one more Event Support for 2018. We submitted for 7 so far (five for the year plus 2 of the 3 carryover/extra allotted for just this year). The last one I submitted was for November Greenberg’s which was approved. We are inside the 90 days submission timeline for Santa Trolley – that’s my fault; it got away from me. If SW Randal can be done in mid to late December, we could still squeeze that application in. Let me know ASAP. Thanks.

Josh
    Keymaster

We got 2 TINY boxes of support in for November. They’re little cubes and I think the first time we’ve gotten this size. There’s a 3rd one coming, which is probably sets. Maybe it will be here tomorrow. Parts are parts though.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Josh.
    Attachments:
    Sean Collins
    Participant

If no one wants to me and my wife will do it.

Josh
    Keymaster

Sets arrived today.

Attachments:
    Will McDine
    Participant

I can take one of the boxes.

Phil Breneman
    Participant

we got some goodies yesterday.

a bunch of great sets and 2 unsorted support boxes, that have roller coaster track and new battery box.

@pete, I’ll wait for you to figure out what these sets should be worth.

@pnbrenem I’ll let you decide what to do with all that track.

The roller coaster track is red so they are all from set 10261. It includes:
    24 90 degree curves (25061), 10261 has 12
    4 ramp upper part (26560), same as 10261
    4 ramp lower part (26559), same as 10261
    7 ramp straight (26561), same as 10261
    3 long straight (25059), same as 10261
    0 short ramp (34738), 10261 has 8
    0 short straight (26022), 10261 has 6

I am guessing a collaborative build is the best use for these. Additional track pieces and the cars average about $2 each so it isn’t too expensive to expand if desired.

Josh
    Keymaster

I confirmed today the rule for support is the support counts against the year the event happens. So that does mean we did not get all the support applications in that we were allowed to, but there’s certainly no requirement to get them all. We’ll see if that affects out Tier status at all.

You won’t have access to this link, but I’ll put it here for my own reference: https://lan.lego.com/topic/1858-events-on-the-edge-of-a-year-question/

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar