2019 Cranberry Library Summer Display

Home Forums LUG discussions 2019 Cranberry Library Summer Display

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • Author
    Tim

– When we get closer to time we should contact the library and see when the case will be empty and how soon we can get in it (in the past they have been flexible on that, so if we ask for it empty a day early, they’ll probably say yes).

Already contacted the Library and will let you know about getting in early. Target set up date is Saturday, June 8. We also have cleaned the case (Windex, etc.) a few days before install as it tends to be a bit dirty from time to time.

– I have space lava, in the form of trans-orange cheese. I would say that I have a giant container of it, but that’s no longer true after I discovered that it generates enough weight that I could no longer pick it up. So I have three smaller containers of it. I definitely have more than you will need. Space lava!

Sweet! (I would say “Cool” but lava is definitely is not)

I may need the entire space near the door. That is like 3 baseplates I think if you think that is OK?

Also, do we know how we are running power? I think the plug is on the ceiling? Do we have a way to transfer that to the floor and then hide the wires/plugs?

Absolutely OK to claim the space by the door. I will jot in down on my tentative floorplan. We could run power from the ceiling plug. We would need an extension cord and maybe some clear duct tape to tape it against the inside column as unobtrusively as possible. Any electronic should be “cool running” (like LEDs) as they will be on for then entire summer (unless we hook up a timer to turn power on and off).

Tim

Ben and I are going to do a preliminary set up on Thursday, June 6 around 6:00 pm (Library closes at 8:00 pm that day). We will clean the glass, make sure the display case is cleared out, hang some ships, and maybe start to install my modules in the very back. If anyone wants to come and bring stuff then, please feel free. @tcsbgdady this would be a good time to figure out the electrical issues. We will do the final installation on Saturday morning, June 8.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Do you want a set of black plastic shelves to create a multi-level look?

Tim

Do you want a set of black plastic shelves to create a multi-level look?

I don’t need those for what I am building. Anyone else think they could use or incorporate that into the display?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Today I was at the Lego store at the same time as Jim, and he was buying space plant parts, and he said he’d post pics of his space plants here, but I don’t see any space plant pics here, so clearly Jim is a space plant pic tease. @tcsbgdady

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Today I was at the Lego store at the same time as Jim, and he was buying space plant parts, and he said he’d post pics of his space plants here, but I don’t see any space plant pics here, so clearly Jim is a space plant pic tease. @tcsbgdady

Sadly, admittedly, I am!

Tom Frost
    Participant

I can bring the space train and some track if you think it will fit somewhere, and also a few of my rovers. I also have the spaceman mosaic if you think it could be integrated somehow.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I have tried uploading a 39KB file like 4 times in the last day. I do not see it in here @bengood921. So, that is that. And with Flikr down I cannot even upload there and attach a link.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I don’t see it here either. I know when I posted pics here I resize them to 1200 pixels wide, because if I do a regular size this site doesn’t like them.

Flickr has been back up since late last night.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I don’t see it here either. I know when I posted pics here I resize them to 1200 pixels wide, because if I do a regular size this site doesn’t like them.

Flickr has been back up since late last night.

Up….then down….then up!……then down…..now up…..now down. My iPhone app will not work and the website is up but uploading just one of the pics I took of this build is taking over 45 minutes and still running. Seems a bit much for a 40KB file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Landscape shot….

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Sweet! Space plants rule.

Yeah Flickr has been fussy, every time I think it’s really working now, it goes down again. It has not given me a lot of confidence regarding Smugmug’s new ownership of the site.

Tim

I can bring the space train and some track if you think it will fit somewhere, and also a few of my rovers. I also have the spaceman mosaic if you think it could be integrated somehow.

Absolutely, bring the rovers, the train and track, and the mosaic. The mosaic may be a bit tricky but if we can fit it, all the better. If it doesn’t go in the main case, perhaps we can convince the Library folks to put it in the front display case.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Sneak peek!

Alien Hive

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Awesome look, Jim! Ben will be drooling over those space plants.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Awesome look, Jim! Ben will be drooling over those space plants.

Thanks @greg! Couldn’t have gotten through without @arcadiumsol giving me some much needed moral support and some hands to help with the green, gelatinous plant beds! Thanks Sean!

Dan Efran
    Participant

Hoping to show up Saturday with one or two SHIPs and some ground installations TBD. What time are we starting on Saturday?

Tom Frost
    Participant

What time are we starting on Saturday?

Yeah, good question. @timf?

Dan Efran
    Participant

I’m going to try to bring some stuff over tonight. Not sure how much time I’ll have, but I hope to at least drop off some things.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m running a little behind. I won’t be there by 6, but I hoping for 6:15. I’m also still hoping to measure the case before we put anything in it other than hanging stuff.

Josh
    Keymaster

Anything you need from the lug inventory for saturday?

Tim

Yeah, good question.

The Library opens at 10:00 am. We can usually get in by around 9:30 am. So I will be there at 9:30 am and we will see from there. Last night, Ben and Bob got the case cleaned out, Ben measured it with lots of fancy looking tools (like a T-square and a protractor – very interested to see how that comes out), and we got two ships hung – Bob’s Klingon Bird of Prey and Dan’s very big classic space ship. Looking forward to seeing the rest come together tomorrow morning.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’ll be there at 9:30 also. I had been thinking that the Summer Reading event starts right at 10, but I was looking through an old thread, and in the past it started at noon, so I think we should have plenty of time to get set up.

I’m still not sure what else we are expecting to have to put in the bottom, I was thinking of bringing another case of space lava, just in case.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I’ll be there at 9:30 also. I had been thinking that the Summer Reading event starts right at 10, but I was looking through an old thread, and in the past it started at noon, so I think we should have plenty of time to get set up.

I’m still not sure what else we are expecting to have to put in the bottom, I was thinking of bringing another case of space lava, just in case.

I am not sure I understand. I have a three baseplate build for the floor. I also have a ship from @arcadiumsol and a rover with Vic Viper on back. I don’t have loose brick or plate to spread around. Is that what we need? @timf mentioned needing that before.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I will be there at 9:30.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 98 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar