2019 Fall Display – PA Trolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2019 Fall Display – PA Trolley

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

um wow the jealousy is strong right now. this Hp display section sounds amazing and I so wish I could collab!

@greg
    where did you get the transparent figs? that’s a great touch to the battle scene!

someone should make a bleeding unicorn with someone drinking from it within the trees lol can’t forget that forbidden forest scene

Greg Schubert
    Participant

where did you get the transparent figs

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Maybe I can drop it off to Tim.

@tcsbgdady
    , certainly you can drop it off to me (or I can come pick it up) sometime the week of October 7.

OK Tim. Let’s figure out a night that works that week then. Thanks!

Laura
    Participant

Okay, so I know I’ve been quiet but I have been keeping an eye on this. Using the information you guys have posted, I have broken the display into these sections

HP Graveyard
    Creepy house with Mystery Machine
    Forbidden Forest
    Fall Farm & Punkin’ patch

I am going to make up a rough bluebrick plan and post it tomorrow. Do we want to do another walk-around display like we did last year?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

HP Graveyard
    Creepy house with Mystery Machine

the graveyard is 32×64
    the creepy house is 48 x 64

I also have a haunted house (32×32) and a crypt (16×16) with light-up, trans-orange, floating pumpkins that has been there the last two years, to contribute.

Finally, if its NOT walk around, I have a yellow full moon on a black background to use as a backdrop behind the graveyard.

Bob Grier
    Participant

@laura, the stuff I have I’ve built so far for the Forbidden Forest will pretty much cover one full LUG table. Adding in @greg’s HP graveyard, @tcsbgdady’s Burrow and some additional large spiders, plus a couple of baseplates worth of trees from @timf, then we should plan on 2 full LUG tables for the HP related stuff on the bluebrick. Thanks!

Personally, I like the “walk-around” display.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’m not a fan of the walk around display, but that’s because my Haunted house doesn’t have a finished back to it.

Laura
    Participant

Here’s what I’ve got so far, let me know if I’ve missed anything

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

Thanks to the hard work of @pnbrenem the ravine is back and ready for action! Let’s make it a spooky scene!

Josh
    Keymaster

Or wait, I see there’s no double track section and you’d have to redo the layout…up to you.

Josh
    Keymaster

China

Gregory! Remember your oath! What have you done this summer!?!

Josh
    Keymaster

This might be the closest you could get, as a purist. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sh105#T=S&O={“iconly”:0}

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Gregory! Remember your oath! What have you done this summer!?!

Actually I got them back when Tim and I were collaborating on a Great Hall with the intent of having the floating jack-o-lanterns in the ceiling; I also wanted to have Hogwarts’ resident ghosts present. 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Laura
    Participant

Thanks to the hard work of pnbrenem the ravine is back and ready for action! Let’s make it a spooky scene!.

I will work it in.

Laura
    Participant

How does this look?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

I will not be able to be at set up on Friday but I will be able to do Saturday morning. I should be there by around 9:30 am. I have Jim’s The Burrow set and a bunch of spiders for the Forbidden Forest. I will also have a few baseplates of trees (need to get those finished) to contribute as well. Looking forward to seeing the display!

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I totally didn’t forget about this.

Bob Grier
    Participant

I will not be able to be at set up on Friday but I will be able to do Saturday morning. I should be there by around 9:30 am. I have Jim’s The Burrow set and a bunch of spiders for the Forbidden Forest. I will also have a few baseplates of trees (need to get those finished) to contribute as well. Looking forward to seeing the display!

I’ll be sure to leave space. How big is Jim’s Burrow, 1 baseplate or more??

Tom Frost
    Participant

I totally didn’t forget about this

Me neither! I am planning to be there fri night. I have the animated haunted house, the ghost train, the pumpkin trolley, my other trolleys and a couple miscellaneous other things. I will also bring my 9v track just in case.

Tim

How big is Jim’s Burrow, 1 baseplate or more??

It’s the set, so it will fit on 1 baseplate.

Josh
    Keymaster

Phil and I are working on getting everything to the museum around 1p or so. I see 12 tables on the bluebrick. anything else we want to make sure goes?

I plan on sending ALL the MILS plates that we got, and whoever is staffing can build a bunch of them, either with the green 4×4 or whites, for the winter displays coming. lots of parts to mils the baseplates and even the tracks.

If we do have the q4 meeting on the 2nd, I think we’ll do a build day out of it too, to make sure we have everything we need. /threadjack

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I plan on sending ALL the MILS plates that we got, and whoever is staffing can build a bunch of them

Great idea to have an available LUG task for possible down time!

Laura
    Participant

Sounds good josh. The office staff should be on site to let yinz in.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Phil and I are working on getting everything to the museum around 1p or so. I see 12 tables on the bluebrick. anything else we want to make sure goes?

If you have room, it never hurts to have spare LUG baseplates (not to be MILS’d), 9v track, speed controllers, connecting wires and power supplies. I know Tom and Laura will have a bunch, but it never hurts to have some spares just in case. I’m bringing my Hogwarts Express to run around the HP area, but will need track and the other stuff for that loop.

Greg is dropping his stuff off at my house after school, and then I’m heading down. Should be there around 4:30 or so.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Phil Breneman
    Participant

Josh and I dropped off the LUG stuff. The LUG does not have 9V track so I brought mine. It is in a purple box along with some baseplates. The baseplates are marked with my initials on a sticker, the track is not. Both are available for use as needed. If the track is used, it might be nice to keep it all in one area such as the HP area so that it is easier to distinguish at teardown.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar