2019 Fall Display – PA Trolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2019 Fall Display – PA Trolley

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’m still en route.

Josh
    Keymaster

Great idea to have an available LUG task for possible down time!

it’s only a valuable idea if people sign up to staff.

https://doodle.com/poll/8rfzhkqsed8xserf

Bob Grier
    Participant

Josh and I dropped off the LUG stuff. The LUG does not have 9V track so I brought mine. It is in a purple box along with some baseplates. The baseplates are marked with my initials on a sticker, the track is not. Both are available for use as needed. If the track is used, it might be nice to keep it all in one area such as the HP area so that it is easier to distinguish at teardown.

Thanks Phil. Initially we did use it all just in the HP area, but we had some issues with some of Laura’s track so we had to use some in the other area as well. Everyone else’s track is marked, so we should be able to identify yours pretty easily at teardown. I’ll make sure that’s one of the first things we do at teardown.

The ravine looks great by the way!!

Bob Grier
    Participant

Pics from the display that I took on Saturday are now available in LUG Gallery. Click the Gallery link at the top right corner of this page, and go to Page 2 to find the Pumpkin Trolley 2019 album. Enjoy!!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks for the pics! I like the Harry Potter scenes.

Its seems like the haunted house section is sparse for baseplates, but the rest of the display is not that way. Did the green baseplates from the MILS supplies run out?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Pics from the display that I took on Saturday are now available in LUG Gallery. Click the Gallery link at the top right corner of this page, and go to Page 2 to find the Pumpkin Trolley 2019 album. Enjoy!!

Nice pics 😀 Before the event is over though, I’m hoping somebody can get a wide shot of the whole display, I’m having trouble seeing how everything fits together. (I am aware that such pics can be difficult to get when there’s constantly people walking in front of you. But I still want one.)

I am subscribed to the Gallery thread but I somehow did not know that it was finally up and running. Does this mean you’ve given up on Flickr? I still like Flickr too. @rcgrier3406

Josh
    Keymaster

I am unlikely to be able to help with tear down thumbs Sunday. I have the girls and we’ll be coming back from deer valley camping, and already have a van full of stuff. While Phil helped me get stuff there, I wonder if we have some efficiency opportunities for people going to Greenberg to take a few tables. Maybe that’s something you want to entertain, @randomdan

Bob Grier
    Participant

Nice pics ? Before the event is over though, I’m hoping somebody can get a wide shot of the whole display, I’m having trouble seeing how everything fits together. (I am aware that such pics can be difficult to get when there’s constantly people walking in front of you. But I still want one.)

I am subscribed to the Gallery thread but I somehow did not know that it was finally up and running. Does this mean you’ve given up on Flickr? I still like Flickr too.

@bengood921
    , I’ll try to get a panoramic shot of the whole display when I’m there next Sunday before teardown, and then add it to the Gallery.

The LUG Gallery has been “up” since the just before the Q3 meeting, and I’ve continued to add stuff as I get time. I’ll do a post to that thread to encourage people to check it out!

I haven’t given up on Flickr, but decided to post these photos just to the LUG Gallery to hopefully prompt people to use it (apparently it worked!). Besides the recent photo limits now on Flickr, the other downside to posting to both places is just the time it takes me to upload (the photos in the Pumpkin Trolley 2019 Album took around an hour).

Phil Breneman
    Participant

I am unlikely to be able to help with tear down thumbs Sunday. I have the girls and we’ll be coming back from deer valley camping, and already have a van full of stuff. While Phil helped me get stuff there, I wonder if we have some efficiency opportunities for people going to Greenberg to take a few tables. Maybe that’s something you want to entertain, @randomdan

When Josh and I took things to trolley, it was about equal to one full van load and the back of an SUV. I should be able to make it to teardown and can bring a van load of stuff to Josh’s. As Josh says, if there are items going to Greenberg that don’t have to go to Josh’s, that would be helpful.

Dan
    Participant

That sounds good to me if someone will haul it. We’re planning to have 12 LUG tables with the accompanying legs and sneeze guards. Not sure which MOCs would be heading over.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Besides the recent photo limits now on Flickr, the other downside to posting to both places is just the time it takes me to upload (the photos in the Pumpkin Trolley 2019 Album took around an hour).

That sounds like there’s a problem, either with the gallery system, your computer, or your connection. I can upload 20 pics to Flickr in less than a minute. I thought maybe you were using an unusually large file format for the photos, but I downloaded one from this event, and then uploaded it to my Flickr account as a test, and the upload time was about one second. @rcgrier3406

Laura
    Participant

Total cup credits for this event:

Display:
    Bob
    Greg
    Jim
    Josh
    Laura
    Mike
    Pete
    Phil
    Tim
    Tom

Staffing:

Pete – 10
    Laura – 10
    Mike – 3
    Tom – 2
    Tim – 1
    Bob – 4
    Phil – 2
    Josh – 1

Please let me know if anything’s incorrect!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Laura.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

@laura, please add me to the “display” list. Plus, if your “staffing” counts are number of shifts, then mine is incorrect there also. I staffed the afternoon shifts on Saturday 10/12, and Sunday 10/27, plus set-up on 10/11 and teardown on 10/27, so 4 shifts total (2 cups). Thanks!

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I think I have three staffing shifts, setup, Sat 10/19 and Sun 10/27.

Tim

Jim?

Yes, Jim contributed The Burrow, spiders (brick built and small spiders) and webs to the Forbidden Forest section of the display.

Josh
    Keymaster

pab credits added

Bob Grier
    Participant

@bengood921, the panoramic view of the whole display has been added to this album in the LUG Gallery. It’s at the end, so click on the left arrow (Prev) to get to it quickly.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The new ravine looks great! I especially like the photo of the truck going down the trail. 🙂

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Thanks Bob, everything looks great. How easy is it to reorder the photos in the galleries? To me, it would make sense to have the panoramic shot be the one that comes up first, instead of having it last in the list.

Josh
    Keymaster

Lol. I want to have the freedom of thinking gallery order is important.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I miss the Pumpkin Trolley display. 🙁

Laura
    Participant

Me too =(

Tom Frost
    Participant

Me three!

Skipper Mike
    Participant

If only there was some sort of themed building we could do…

September – Fall

Viewing 24 posts - 51 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar