2021 Fall Display – PA Trolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2021 Fall Display – PA Trolley

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Tim

@laura is my cemetery part of the Cemetery area? Sounds like a stupid question but just wanted to be certain. Thank you.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Wha time are we setting up a the trolley museum on Friday night?

Tim

I am planning on being there around 3:30/4:00 pm ish.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m not able to make it Friday.

If I need to bring tables,MILs plates, track, sneezeguard, and any other LUG supplies, I’ll need to do it wednesday or thurday, and I’ll need to know what all to bring. If someone else wants to grab what is needed, I’m alright with that too.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Here is the current iteration of this year’s layout.

@laura
    are you planning to use 9v track? That layout with the turnaround loops will only work with plastic track. With 9v, the turnaround loops will create a short. Right?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Laura
    Participant

Is my cemetery part of the Cemetery area?

That’s the plan Tim, I just kinda left it as was cause there will be quite a bit of stuff going over there and I didn’t know where I wanted to put it or what sizes most of it was.

What time are we setting up a the trolley museum on Friday night?

Set up will begin at 4pm. The museum is actually open (which I didn’t realize at the time I planned this) until 4.

I’m not able to make it Friday. If I need to bring tables, MILs plates, track, sneezeguard, and any other LUG supplies, I’ll need to do it Wednesday or Thursday, and I’ll need to know what all to bring. If someone else wants to grab what is needed, I’m alright with that too.

Josh, there will be staff there all week, I can give them a head’s up if you just let me know when you want to drop off. We’re in the education room again, in the back of the visitor center.

Are you planning to use 9v track? That layout with the turnaround loops will only work with plastic track. With 9v, the turnaround loops will create a short. Right?

Yes Tom, you’re are correct in that configuration, but I had an evil plan that I thought will to make it work. We shall see…

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

but I had an evil plan

Ooh, I love a good evil plan! Especially when it defies the laws of physics or electricity or whatever.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’ll drop it off around 11am Wednesday, I think. Cool?

Also, let me know what all needs to go. I haven’t done this for a while and I’m not confident in my abilities to bring everything needed.

Tim

That’s the plan Tim, I just kinda left it as was cause there will be quite a bit of stuff going over there and I didn’t know where I wanted to put it or what sizes most of it was.

OK, great! Now to actually finish building. 😀

Tom Frost
    Participant

but I had an evil plan that I thought will to make it work. We shall see…

ooo….sounds fun. I should be there around 5 or so on Friday. I’ll bring my usual Fall stuff.

Laura
    Participant

If I need to bring tables, MILs plates, track, sneezeguard…

Josh, as of right now we’ll need 12 tables and the sneezeguard for them. The MILs plates are always useful and track can’t hurt, other than that any Halloween decorations, hedge pieces or fence could be useful too.

Laura
    Participant

One thing I do really need is some 9v crossovers. I figured out that my evil plan is not going to work this time around but I’m devising something for future displays.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have one piece of X track for 9V trains.

Laura
    Participant

Here is the final iteration of the plan, see everyone on Friday!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

I was planning to bring some LUG 9v track, a speed controller, power supply and connecting wires to the track that I used for BrickFest Live and was looking to return, in case you need them.

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m not as spry as I used to be. Just finished packing the van and headed over.

While I’m thinking if it, try to use as much of the lug 9v track as you can. Will make keeping it sorted easier at tear down.

I put in whipped cafe. Won’t be hurt if it doesn’t make the theming.

I put in a bin of unsorted stuff for anything that needs to be done.

Didn’t pack the ravine, but let’s remember to put it on the layout fir winter

I put a bin of mils extra stuff if anyone wanted to get some more plates or ballasts in. I should schedule a build day here to make more progress on that.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Also, the last time we had all the parts for LUG Doug were at the trolley museum and we thought maybe something got packed in with something else. What did we loose … a hand, an arm? Maybe it will resurface.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I’ll head down after work, probably won’t be there until after 5:30.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does anyone know if the LUG 9V track include crossovers? I am wondering if I have to look for the crossover track(s) that I think I have.

Josh
    Keymaster

I know we do…meant to check how many but i forgot. either way, they’re there.

as for the threadjack about lugdoug, he is whole. we did have to buy a new hand. He just returned from new england with the Singers.

Josh
    Keymaster

i said new england…maybe it was maine…

Phil Breneman
    Participant

I believe the lug has one crossover and it is in the old dark grey – might be the only track piece in that color if I remember right. I have one in bluish grey that I could provide if needed although I am not sure how easily I could get it there.

John S
    Participant

Vermont. Close enough. It’s all the same.

Do you want him for this show? I can drop him off or meet someone to exchange?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I’m pretty sure I have four 9V crossovers, and I’m pretty sure I know where they are. Mine are definitely in old dark gray.

Getting them down there is a different story. I really thought that this week Josh would be posting a picture of his garage full of recently arrived cardboard boxes, and that I’d be driving down there to help sort. If the order arrives tomorrow, I’m probably not gonna go, cause I have class in the evening, but if it arrives Friday, I could plan to be there all day, and so somebody could come get the track from me there and it would still get there in time. If the order doesn’t arrive Friday though, I’d probably need somebody to pick up the track from my house and take it down. If they’re needed for a future event, I can definitely find a way to make them available if there’s enough advance notice, those display credits aren’t gonna earn themselves.

I know I’ve looked at the LUG supply cause I packed it up at Josh’s house to take to an event one time, but I really can’t remember if there’s crosses in there or not. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are, I remember there was a lot of stuff in there.

Incidentally, I have gotten very little use out of my 9V crossovers. When I got them, I had almost no experience with trains. I thought it would be cool to have separate but overlapping train loops, but I discovered that the primary benefit of such an arrangement is the accidental collision of the different trains. I also found out that they require a large amount of setup area, so they were fine on the floor, but much more difficult to use on a table display.

Laura
    Participant

Thanks for looking into the crossovers, I think we’ll only end up needing 1.

I will probably be at the museum around 4 since I am going to stop by my house to grab items for the display. However, I am just up the road so if you get there first and need let it shoot me a text or give me a call and I can come down and do that. 814-414-7298

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar