2021 Fall Display – PA Trolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2021 Fall Display – PA Trolley

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Pumpkin Trolley is just around the corner and I hear there is interest in a fall display so I’m making this post to gauge interest. We’ve also been invited by the museum to display at Santa trolley. More to come on that later. Pumpkin Patch Trolley will run two weekends, October 15-17 & 22-24. As with years past this will be a “Fall” themed display. We will set up on the evening of Friday October 15th, prior to the first day of the event. Please let me know if you are interested, sign up on the Doodle!

Laura
    Participant

There was also some talk about having a small set up for dinosaur train (September 18-19, 25-26) I didn’t commit to anything but I know some people like dinosaurs and might be interested in something last minute.

Tim

@laura, please count me in for both Pumpkin and Santa! Glad these are back!

I’ve gone ahead and signed up on the Doodle just for Set Up and Tear Down. I’ll need the hockey schedules released first before I can commit to any further staffing (although I hope to at least be able to staff one shift).

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Tim.
    Skipper Mike
    Participant

Haunted house has been upgraded with a see through ghost and I have the fire pit ready for a winter display.

Bob Grier
    Participant

That’s great @laura. Good opportunity for me to display my Grist Mill, Covered Bridge and Farm House for the first time (with fall colors, of course)! I’ll need one full LUG table for that.

For now, I signed up on the Doodle for Friday 15th set-up and the Sunday 24th afternoon shift thru teardown. As we get closer, I’ll sign up for more staffing shifts once I know more about my availability.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

dinosaur train

O_O

I mean there’s no way I could contribute anything meaningful for this, and I think those weekends are booked anyway, but maaaaybe next year…?

Krista K

I have the Monster Fighters Haunted House with lights, but I’m unavailable those weekends if someone wanted to take it. @skippermike is that the same as yours?

Skipper Mike
    Participant

@knb112 No, mine is a MOC, I think maybe @tfdesigns had a Monster Fighters house that he modded up a bit.

Tim

At Brickfest Live, Bob, Greg, and I discussed Pumpkin Trolley a bit. As Bob mentioned above, he has some “rural” fall MOCs to bring. Greg may be able to bring Hartwood Acres. I can add a bunch of fall foliage and some cornfields, etc.

In addition, the haunted house section should be awesome as always.

Kerri Acierno
    Participant

I signed up to work on 10/17. I may have something small halloween related and will bring it. I may be able to come for part of Friday setup after work if more hands are needed.

Laura
    Participant

Okay guys, sounds like we have plenty of display items, I am going to try to compile everything into a rough bluebrick design, can I get some rough amounts of space that will be needed (if you didn’t say already). If not I’ll just rough it out, I have my typical stuff with the farm and other items for the “fallfest” portion. Thank you for your interest and support!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I guess I gotta post to get notifications of this thread. I can bring some haunted house items and Tim suggested Hartwood Acres. I think the footprint is 2 baseplates deep and four baseplates wide. It would be awesome to have a harvest festival or Halloween party in front of it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

have a harvest festival or Halloween party in front of it

Great idea. You’ll need to “melt” that snow off the ground. 😀

In addition to a few baseplates worth of cornfields, I think I will build the Evans City Cemetery (used to film Night of the Living Dead) as it is only about two miles from my house.

It will be between 2×2 and 3×3 32 stud baseplates.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Tim.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I will change the white plates to green. I can also contribute a cemetery, a mausoleum and this haunted fishing store – all of which have been used at pumpkin trolley before.

Attachments:
    Pete
    Participant

I will have the hidden side high school

Kerri Acierno
    Participant

Renee and I built the Halloween Truck and I was going to bring it to the Trolley Museum

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Renee and I built the Halloween Truck and I was going to bring it to the Trolley Museum

… looks like someone found the spiders and webs on the Pick a Brick wall 😀

Renée
    Participant

That Technic tow truck took us 9 womanhours to build!

Great fun with @kacierno

Josh
    Keymaster

You both are fun 🙂

Josh
    Keymaster

Did we decide just to go with the existing plexi we have? Certainly too late to do anything for pumkin trolley, but going forward? need me to bump the old thread?

Laura
    Participant

Did we decide just to go with the existing plexi we have?

I think we will for now. I may have a source from school as they purchased a ton of 1/4″ and 3/16″ last year and I was trying to get any excess they might have.

Laura
    Participant

A few questions

@rcgrier3406
    – Do we need some sort of water feature for the grist mill and covered bridge? Or is it kind of built in the the design? How big are they?

@greg
    – Kinda going along with the other question, do you need water access for the fishing store?

Just trying to figure out what design elements need to be in the layout.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The fishing store has a swamp around it, it does not necessarily need water.

Btw, I changed the white snow plates for Hartwood Acres from white to green in front of the building and on the sides.

Only two weeks to go!

Bob Grier
    Participant

@laura, here’s a pic of the Grist Mill and Covered Bridge display. As you can see, the water feature is built in, and is depressed 3″ to allow for the waterfall and for the bridge to cross over the creek. The full display will take up one full LUG table (40″ x 40″, or (4) 32×32 stud baseplates wide by 4 deep). I will bring table legs that are 3″ shorter than normal to allow the LUG table to be 3″ lower so that the creek can be “depressed”, and I have substructure under the rest of the land areas to build them up so that they will be even with adjacent LUG tables on either side and in the back. Ideally I’d like a spot in the overall layout where the bridge can be in front, or towards the public, just like the pic. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Bob Grier.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Attachments:
    Laura
    Participant

Here is the current iteration of this year’s layout. I have Bob’s farm and heartwood placed near the harvest festival and the haunted house and cemetery on the other side of the layout. In between there is the town center where I would like to have trick or treating families. Right now I am planning to build two “jumper” tables to add 1 baseplate worth of room to each middle table, as we have done in the past. Please let me know if you have questions or need clarification on the plan. Thank you again for your willingness to participate! Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Edit: Attaching the image would help.

Attachments:
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar