2021 Winter Display – PA Trolley

Home Forums LUG discussions 2021 Winter Display – PA Trolley

Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Renée
    Participant

Kerri’s and my display is three baseplates, can be arranged in any configuration. I’ll be bringing it down Wednesday at 2

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

I should arrive between 3 and 4 this afternoon.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Depending on traffic, I’m shooting to get there by 2:30 this afternoon. In my car, I have the following:
    * My Diagon Alley stuff,
    * Mike’s fire pit,
    * Greg’s SNO Bank, Fire Station, Clock Tower, and several boxes of white MILS’d baseplates,
    * LUG stuff that I listed in a previous post.

@timf
    , I assume you’re bringing your dark green tablecloths to put under all of HP Land?

Bob Grier
    Participant

Company has gone and the house is quiet again, so here’s a link to some pics from set-up on Wednesday, Nov. 24th.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmXb5Vja

Krista K

Did anyone get any photos of the display from over the weekend?

Skipper Mike
    Participant

Not to be picky, but the day to ask for that is Friday, not Monday. (Lol)

Krista K

Not to be picky, but the day to ask for that is Friday, not Monday. (Lol)

Fair request. Was hoping someone snapped a few merely because the display was too amazing not to photograph. 😂

Renée
    Participant

@knb112 I’m planning on getting photos during my shift this Sunday. Will share 🙂

Laura
    Participant

Here are some photos I took the other day, along with the link to the scavenger hunt website. I apologize because I was trying to get the whole thing but then got distracted and didn’t finish so there are no pictures of the Harry Potter area. I will get them another day.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmXdFwyt

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Laura.
    Krista K

@legoleia51 Thanks so much Renée! I really appreciate it. 😊

Krista K

Here are some photos I took the other day, along with the link to the scavenger hunt website. I apologize because I was trying to get the whole thing but then got distracted and didn’t finish so there are no pictures of the Harry Potter area. I will get them another day.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmXdFwyt

Thanks so much @laura! It looks like this post was pending so I pushed it through. It looks like the attachments were too big unfortunately, but I’ll be sure to check out the Flickr link.

Renée
    Participant

Pictures from yesterday. The guests were really enjoying the display, from the Great Hall to the submerged hockey player, from the train and trolley to Superman, and everything in between.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmXgn8tY

Attachments:
    Tim Brown
    Participant

Better late than never. I’ll bring this one down for my shift tomorrow.

Attachments:
    Tim

I like how the scarf falls off the side (using the curved tiles). And that is a very nice stovepipe hat.

At first, I thought you used two “Lowell Spheres” for the head and body. I see that you did not but are using a similar technique to achieve a rounded shape. Nice.

Reference: http://www.brucelowell.com/lowell-sphere/

Tim Brown
    Participant

I think they would count as a modified Lowell spheres. I was just learning from youtube how to make spheres, but the procedure is very similar to the link you posted. I have further modified it to reinforce from within, because the original method I was following using just eight Travis bricks inside breaks to easily. I’ll have to try the actual Lowell method and see how that works.

Tim

It was great to get back to this event this year. It seemed that everyone loved the display. Got lots of great comments and “oohs” and “aahs” over various MOCs. The winter section really filled out nicely compared to how it looked at the very beginning (a bit sparse). Great job everyone!

Laura
    Participant

Total PAB numbers for this event (Contributors = 1 Cup; Staffing = .5 cup per shift) Please let me know if there are any issues with this count!

Display Credit – 1 Cup
    Bob G.
    Greg S.
    Josh H.
    Kerri A.
    Krista K.
    Laura W.
    Matt R.
    Mike B.
    Pete L.
    Renee L.
    Tim B.
    Tim F.
    Tom F.

Staffing – .5 cup each shift
    Laura – 5
    Pete – 5
    Mike – 2
    Tim F. – 1.5
    Bob – 1
    Josh – 1
    Kerri – 1
    Renee – 1
    Tim B. – .5

Josh
    Keymaster

Wonderful numbers! Great to see so many people contribute to staffing and displaying and especially both!

Josh
    Keymaster

cup credits have all been added. letme know if something is off.

Renée
    Participant

Kerri and I found a stowaway when we divvied back up our display. @Laura, is he yours?

Attachments:
Viewing 20 posts - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar